Dapol OO/HO nearly scrapped Mogul 2-6-0 Locomotive....with a friend.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
OK Ron, let's have it....what extra-terrestrial or supernatural assistance are you getting to produce such masterpieces?
Clue me in won't you...you can PM me.....I won't say a word to anyone else...I promise!

Jim.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
What terrific comments, boys.
Thanks ever so much. It means so much to me to receive such nice posts.:smiling4:

Jim. No masterpieces, but perhaps my late dad, who taught me so much about keeping things simple and to keep using basic, old fashioned modelling stuff, is keeping his eye on my going's on.......
Thanks again friends.

Ron

Last edited:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Yet again, simply brilliant work. So very atmospheric. Very well done.

Andrew

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
What terrific comments, boys.
Thanks ever so much. It means so much to me to receive such nice posts.:smiling4:

Jim. No masterpieces, but perhaps my late dad, who taught me so much about keeping things simple and to keep using basic, old fashioned modelling stuff, is keeping his eye on my going's on.......
Thanks again friends.

Ron
Well Ron, one thing I can say that you did maybe unknowingly inspire me about was your simple yet so effective style of photography, that seemed so out of my reach.
I hope I have improved enough to be worthy of your approval at times.

Sincerely, Jim.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks Andrew, Ian and Jim for your nice comments.

Jim, I'm well happy I helped with your photography, even if I didn't realise it at the time!
That's the beauty of this forum. Folks pick up all sorts of information and help, sometimes simply by quietly observing each other's builds and techniques.

Re. your own stuff, I'm still trying to catch up on member's builds - Yours included, which is probably way down at page 56! ;)......but I will find it.

Cheers.
Ron

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks chaps.

Spanner
Barry scrapyard circa 1971 lol
Nick

Yes, it was the inspiration for my Class 9F 2-10-0 model I built on here a while back.....

Dai Woodham would recognise that Ron.
Pete

Yes, indeed Pete.
I remember it was you who posted those initial photos of Woodham's when I did the 2-10-0 build that started the 'Juices Running' again for this second stab at a rusty loco. For this I thank you.

Cheers boys.

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Honoured to be of service Ron!
I have a family association with Barry - Mum and her 3 sisters were born there, Grandad ran a chip shop, Great Grandad had a seamen's hostel, Great-Grandma had a Cafe.
I only once tried to have a look around the scrap locomotives, and got chased out of the yard by an Alsatian!
Pete