Dave Ward question?

Modler bob

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Hi Guys.
I haven't posted for a while, bu tlook occasionally.
When I first started this great forum I was excited to build the Seafire for my wife, which embarressningly to say sill haven't finished it yet:sad-face:
Anyway the question I have is...........
When My first introctory post I asked about the Seafire, and Dave Ward kindly sent images on the Triumph aircraft carrier htat my now deceased fother in law was on in 1950.
My wife loved the image you (Dave) sent, and would like one framed for the wall, assuming the image isn't too small.
I managed to find the post....
But when I click on Dave's image a page pops up saying i don't have permisions??
Any reason why please?

Regards

Bob

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Probably because you are not a member of the site.

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Hi Guys.

But when I click on Dave's image a page pops up saying i don't have permisions??
Any reason why please?

Regards

Bob
You need to be a SMF Supporter to gain full member privileges. It costs £10 per annum and will allow you full access to the site as well as a discount when using the Scale Model Shop store.
Hope that helps.
Doug

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Pixel size of both (960 × 566) is next to useless for printing it out large enough to hang on a wall, though … Postcard-size at high quality, sure. A4 at reasonable quality, perhaps. Bigger than that, forget it, pretty much. Unfortunately, though, I can’t find a bigger version on a quick search.

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Hi Guys.
I haven't posted for a while, bu tlook occasionally.
When I first started this great forum I was excited to build the Seafire for my wife, which embarressningly to say sill haven't finished it yet:sad-face:
Anyway the question I have is...........
When My first introctory post I asked about the Seafire, and Dave Ward kindly sent images on the Triumph aircraft carrier htat my now deceased fother in law was on in 1950.
My wife loved the image you (Dave) sent, and would like one framed for the wall, assuming the image isn't too small.
I managed to find the post....
Any reason why please?

Regards

Bob
Just out of interest, have you tried any of the Navy sites?
Off the top of my head;- Navy Net, (forum like this one - no fee's!!), or maybe even Navy News. There may even be a FaceAche HMS Triumph group. There seems to be a group on there for most war canoes!!!
Doug

Reactions: JR

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Just an irrelevance, The Triumph was a repair ship in Singapore in the early 70's if my memory hasn't gone south.

Modler bob

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Thank you guys.
I guess I'll join again (£10)
I did when I joined last year, but haven't this year.
So how do I do it please? I forgot :tears-of-joy:

Modler bob

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Thanks Dave.
odd though, when I went into your link, it stated that the £10 annual payment I Paid stated "automatic renewal" (£10 per year):confused: