Dave Ward's 1/48 Heller Alouette completed ( Papa 695's Helicopter GB )

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I'm calling this finished - it's been an extended build ( for me ), just because of the weather! The heat made me dozy, and benchtime suffered! fin01.jpgfin 02.jpgfin 03.jpgfin 04.jpgfin 05.jpg
The Heller Alouette II dates from 1989, It must have been quite an exceptional then, and still is a nice model. It shows its' age by simplified, and rather heavy detail, especially around the rotor head. The clear parts are rather thick, and not that clear. It would be interesting to see a modern makers' take on this.
The model went together pretty well, quite a bit of part clean up, and hole enlarging needed, but nothing untoward, considering the age of the moulds.
The Alouette II was used by a LARGE number of operators ( Including the Army Air Corps ), so I'm sure that there are loads of finishes that could be applied.
Thanks for dropping by - my construction of the ICM 1/34 Ford V3000 truck will start shortly
Dave

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice work Dave. I like your exhaust staining.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Joe,
Vallejo Sepia Game Ink, a few drops mixed with matt varnish, over Vallejo Color natural Metal
Dave