Dave Ward's 1/48 HobbyBoss FJ-4 Fury

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I'm calling this finished:Fin 01.jpgFin 02.jpgFin 03.jpgFin 04.jpg

The HobbyBoss Fury is from 2008, one of their earlier efforts - a nice simple model ( it can be picked up for around £15 ). The instructions are OK, but show features that only apply to the FJ-4B (Bullpup missile, 6 pylons....). You will have to add noseweight to prevent it being a tailsitter. Fit was not bad, some filler being used around the fuselage join. The Fury never saw action, and had a reasonably short lifespan, so it is one of the forgotten jets used by the US Navy & Marines
Thanks for looking in!
My build of the 1/35 HobbyBoss Vickers Medium Mk I will be starting shortly
Dave

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looks fantastic dave , lovely clean build. Whats the next aircraft after the vickers then? Cheers tony

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Tony,
At the moment, I haven't really thought about it, but I have a fair choice of 1/48 Cold War jets. HB McDonnell Demon, Republic Thunderchief, Douglas Skyhawk, Tamiya Douglas Skyray on the US side, Revell/ICM Mig-25, Smer Su-7, Su-22 on the Warsaw Pact side. I've done a few 'plain' builds, so, a camouflage outing may be called for........................ Still, I have quite a while to decide, as the Vickers Medium may be a sloooooow build
Dave

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Good job. Always nice to see a different subject.