Dave Ward's 1/48 ICM Henschel Hs 126A-1 Condor Legion - Finished

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I'm calling this complete...................fin 01.jpgfin 02.jpgfin 03.jpgfin 04.jpg

The mg in the rear of the cockpit is missing - I gave up after breaking the barrel, the mount etc etc.
The ICM Hs 126 is not an easy model, the parasol wing is dependent on the strength of tiny struts that are not really up to the job, so replacement is needed. The internal details, whilst intricate, are largely invisible on the finished model. The splinter camouflage is quite a masking exercise, but taken methodically isn't too difficult.
One thing I have learnt is that high temperature doesn't help with airbrushing, and adding retarder seems to affect the adhesion of the paint! The heat also reduces my enthusiasm for benchtime, so this has been quite a long build ( for me ), I must admit I was running out of interest towards the end.
Thanks for dropping by, I'll be starting a new build shortly, I still haven't decided what yet!
Dave

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Dave
Well despite the heat and the problems the end result is excellent. Very striking.
Jim

P

Polux

After all...you must be proud of your model. Looks really good!

PD: you can try a laser cut wooden kit. Are different and very relaxing as well :tongue-out3:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Dave,
Pleased for you, bit of a battle at times with those struts, but you did it, the camo is superb. Certainly not for the feint hart ted.
John .

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Dave,
Great results. I really like the way it turned out. I hope you land on the V3000 next as I am on a soft skin kick right now.
Regards,
Rick H.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Well done Dave. I really enjoyed seeing how you overcame all your trials and tribulations with this build. The result was well worth the effort you put in.:thumb2:

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Hi Dave, very nice despite all the troubles this one gave you.
The paint scheme is very striking indeed.:thumb2:
Good luck with the next one.

First Name
Dave
A great result after the problems you had.Your perseverance has paid off.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice work and result Dave. Nice job on the splinter camouflage, and a clean build on a rather complicated design.

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Just came across this one Dave and I have to say bravo big style, the camo is very striking indeed
I have the ICM HS126B-1 in my stash and so will be looking for that strut support you mentioned and used
Very nice looking A/C
Kind regards

Robert

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Robert,
If you can get some strut shaped material of the right size, and strength, you can build it into the fuselage, and treat it as the main wing support - leaving the 'Y' struts as non-structural. I found out the hard way that the provided plastic struts weren't up to the job, too late in the build for me to go back and do this! Good luck with your build!
Dave

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Nice result Dave. I think that camouflage might have driven me slightly mad.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Colin,
I was a bit hesitant about trying the splinter camo, but sitting down, and methodically working through the steps made it less daunting, and ended up rather better than I expected. The single, flat wing was the trial piece, and the fuselage followed on. I'm almost tempted to try another Condor Legion aircraft, but there are still a lot more models in my stash that need my attention first!
Dave

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Great effort!:thumb2: