Dave Ward's Eduard 1/48 SSW D.III - Brad9826's WWI Memorial GB Finished

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I'm calling this finished!fin 01.JPGfin 02.JPGfin 03.JPGfin 04.JPGfin 06.JPGfin 05.JPGfin 07.JPG

After 188 decals and a couple of metres of elastic line - it's completed. I was struggling to finish this, and to really cap it all, I broke my last 0.5mm drill at the very end ( that's why there aren't any control wires on the elevators )
As a model, the Eduard Weekend SSW D.III is good, the parts fit well, the instructions are clear - and honestly, I can't see the Profipack version adding very much - OK there are more finish variations, but they ALL have the lozenge decals.
That is where this model really gives you problems - so many decals, so fiddly - it really does need patience.
Anyway, construction of my MSTA-S will start shortly - only about 7 decals in the whole thing!
Dave

B

Brad9826

Well done Dave, patience of saint to do those decals. Needless to say I won't be indulging in buying one.
That's first build done , onto the next.. :thumb2::thumb2:

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I will be doing another WWI build, but with 83 days to go before 11/11, I just might squeeze another build before then. :tongue-out:
Dave

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Well done on the finish - those decals are just too scary for me.

D

Dave S4

That's a smasher, and I agree with Colin's remark about the decals: like a waking nightmare.
WW1 aircraft in 1/48 is admirable to start with, and you've made a nice job of this one.
DS

Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 5819

Hi Dave well done on finishing and a nice job you have done to, those decals would have been beyond me,
Pete.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Very nicely done Dave. Not a very common subject

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Definitely something for the skilled .
Well done mate.
John

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Sorry to hear about the issues with the build. It was well worth persevering with. Very vivid colours