Dave W's 1/48 Greek F4E

First Name
Dave
The last 5 weeks ive been working away from home on a new contract in Hampshire. I havent got a very good modelling set up. I just have a small table and sit on the bed. But ive managed to glue the PE straps onto the Aires resin seats.Thought i would glue them on first then paint the seats. I superglued the seats to a base to make them easier to work on. The seats are a mixed bag. Good resin detail and PE straps that were a pain to stick on.And Aires have missed out the quick release buckle and the crotch strap its attached to.I wont be buying anymore of these.IMG_3604.JPG IMG_3605.JPG IMG_3606.JPG

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Might not include all the quick release buckles etc but that does look good Dave.

First Name
Dave
I finally got some primer on this. Which revealed yet more filling was needed. Ive done yet more filling and scribing . Its not perfect.But ive had enough. Cant believe Hannants are selling the latest boxing of this kit for£35!. I paid £2 as part of a job lot. About what its worth i reckon!. Unfortunately if you want a 1/48 F4E with the slatted wing, this is the only kit out there.Im working in Glasgow the next 5 days. So i hope to start painting it when im home next week.IMG_3779.JPG IMG_3783.JPG

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Battling on Dave, looks good in the pics. Look forward to seeing the paint job. I'm pretty much at the same stage on mine.

First Name
Dave
Battling on Dave, looks good in the pics. Look forward to seeing the paint job. I'm pretty much at the same stage on mine.
Thanks Joe. Unfortunately work is getting in the way of my modelling these days.Started building this whilst working in Scotland. Then i went down to the south of England to work on 737cl & ng. Now im back at British Airways in Glasgow on A320. If im lucky i might get a few hours to start painting this next week.

Last edited:

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
All the hard work and frustration will be worth it in the end. I've had the house to myself for a few days and was looking forward to some quality bench time but of course work got in the way.

First Name
Dave
I lost interest in this build about 6 months ago. Mainly because I did so much filling and sanding that I lost most of the panel detail. I should have scribed it on before all the sanding. Anyway, I've decided to finish it as it is. I've put the second of the 3 camo colours on the upper surfaces tonight.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

First Name
Dave
Ive sprayed some of the 3rd cano colour on to see what it looks like. And im quite happy with the Tamiya and Humbrol paint colours ive chosen to use.Im off to catch a flight back to Glasgow for my next 4 day shift now. So i will continue with the paint job on saturdayIMG_4411.JPG IMG_4412.JPG

First Name
Dave
Thats the 3 colour wrap around camo scheme done. Gloss clear coat next

IMG_4467.JPG IMG_4468.JPG