Maybe the oldest aircraft on the SSIG...lovely :smiling3:

You will have some work with the rigging :P

PS: thanks for join in Dave :smiling3:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
I'll enjoy watching this one, a nice change from the monoplanes.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice pick Dave,I'll enjoy watching this one ;)

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I'm quite looking forwards to this one. As you pointed out Dave, loads of different schemes to finish her in!

Ian M

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The first biplane of the SSIG (possibly the only one). This will be a really interesting build Dave and I'm really looking forward to it.

Cheers

Paul

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Good to see this one getting of the starting blocks Dave, looking forward to following the build.

First Name
Dave
My dad has supplied me with some literature and using these a few small alterations have been made but one main one is shouting to be done the lower wing should have a dihedral of 5.5° the supplied wing is nowhere near but I've never altered a kit to this extent so do I do it or live with it.

I realise I'll need to alter the inter wing struts etc. But I don't think it'll look right at this scale without the correct dihedral.

Shall I take on the challenge?

Dave

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Go for it Dave! at this scale it would be very noticeable especially now youve highlighted it - every time you looked at the completed model you would be drawn to it and think "why didnt i correct that!"! It should be fairly easy once you know how much to bend the wings up by. Its a one piece wing isnt it , I would try immersing it in some fairly hot but not boiling water then after a few minutes take it out and put something of the right size under each wing tip and a weight on the middle then leave it to cool and hopefully it'll reset in the correct 'bent' position . This might mean the outer interplane struts are a touch too long but thats easily sorted ,just cut them down a bit . On the other hand they could be ok - perhaps the kit wing is supposed to have a dihedral and has just straightened out in the box with age? hope this helps , cheers tony

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Coming along nicely Dave. Glad you sorted that dihedral out.

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
that kit looks older than cracking work so far look forward to seeing more