Desert Beetle

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
they could have been on the vehicle for a while and worn down so that's why there is no GRIP!!!!!

First Name
Ty
Well I have to admit I didn't think my choice of tires would ever be the cause of extra posts. First thanks to all for the compliments on my little dio. Second let me assure everyone that my well researched tires are 100% accurate. They are called sand tires or sometimes balloon tires and had almost no tread. They were over inflated and designed to "float" over soft sand. They did not come with the CMK kit but were added as an aftermarket part. My apologies for not including them in my kit description in the first post. Here are some kit pics that have sand tires and one that shows them on a Kübelwagen.

Thanks again for looking. Cheers!

D

Dwarfed

Ah...ok...

I didn't mean to cause a fuss.

Thank you for the clarification.

now, if you will excuse me, I need to get measured for new pants to fit my horses ass.

:oops:

First Name
Ty
No worries. It's all good. And you were right in your initial impression that they didn't look right. They are indeed very strange looking tires.

Cheers!

First Name
Aaron
ha i was just about to post that they look like desert tyres from a kublewagon kit i have done ...honestly lol.

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Sorry must have missed this when you first posted.

A lovely dio Ty.

Thanks for posting.

Tony.

First Name
Ty
\ said:
How did you do the sand?:noidea::noidea::noidea:
For the sand I found and purchased sand in three different grain sizes and and for the most part use the finest (smallest) grain sand. I add small pinches of the bigger stuff to show the different sizes of ground cover that there is. I spread out a mix of white glue and water, sprinkled on the sand and then pressed in different sizes of cat litter to simulate rocks. I airbrushed everything with shades of Tamiya earth, brown, tan and yellow. Then I dry brushed with several lighter shades of artists oil paints. Hope this helps.

Cheers

Tyrel