Desert Beetle

First Name
Ty
Hello. This a re-post as my original post lost all of the pictures, due to Photo Bucket and their new third party hosting policy:

I finished a mini dio and thought I would share some pics with you.

After defeat at the second battle for El Alemein in November of 1942 the German forces retreated to Tunisia. This diorama shows one of many desert vehicles and soldiers in the retreat determined to slow the British advance by planting mines on choke points and tank trails through the rocky valleys. Although not shown, there are numerous other vehicles and troops in the immediate vicinity of this VW who are all planting anti-tank and anti-personnel mines.

1/35 CMK Volkswagen kit was spiced up with parts of CMK resin interior kit including seats and photo-etch dash details. VW Body paint is Tamiya Dark Yellow with Red Brown pre-shading and buff highlighting. Interior and on board equipment painted with Vallejo acrylics. Upper rear Holy Shit handle scratch built from spares box. Fire extinguisher was also from the spares box and was finished with an Archer placard. Weathering done with Mig Washes, Artistes oils and pigment powder. Figures are from Verlinden and Jaguar. Uniforms and accessories painted with Vallejo acrylics. Flesh painted with artists oils.

For the base I used air dry modeling clay, fine grain sand, mold poured boulders and kitty litter. Painted with Tamiya acrylics and finished with pigment powders.

IMG_4462t.jpgIMG_4465t.jpgvw1.jpgvw2.jpgvw3.jpgvw4.jpgvw5.jpgvw6.jpgvw7.jpgvw8.jpgvw9.jpgvw99.jpgvw999.jpg

J

Jens Andrée

Another fantastic diorama and as per usual, great figures that tells a story!
I also love your attention to details and how such small details really bring life to the scene.
I've got a small DAK diorama in the works (planning phase) and you've given me lots of inspiration and ideas on how to execute it. Many thanks!

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Once again, masterful work, if only I can get my figures to look half as good as yours

Jim:thumb2:

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Those figures!! Amazing work!

First Name
Steve
I agree with everyone such an amazing standard of work, wish I was half as good.

Steve O.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very big fan of your build,s and figure work Ty,and this is another stunning build,dio,
very well done :smiling:,