Desperate times call for desperate measures

First Name
Charles
OK fellows. Have not posted anything armor related in such a long time. So this is my latest acquisition. I had intended this little dio to be a IOF dio but decided to go for the 'different' approach, as always. Yep. For those who know me, it will not come to a surprise. As my middle name is exactly that. Anyways,this scene represents a Libyan resistance fighter firing at Gaddafi's last loyal militant forces, somewhere down the streets of Tripoli.

'Anything Goes', is the name of this diorama. I got the idea from the pic someone had posted a long time ago. When I saw it I knew I wanted to model it someway and somehow, my way. It just shows that anything is possible, although not very practical; it just shows that anything can be used to their advantage at any time when the need arises.

The longest and most strenuous part of this diorama was putting this figure together. First, I like the thank Bassam I. Mansour, for his suggest about using different body parts from different kits. One kit he suggested was, "Charlie on the left" from Master Box, Vietnam figure kit as a start. So thatäs what I did. The other kit I used was a body part(torso) taken from the Meng Hi lux kit, which included a one figure, if I remember right.I am no figure builder pro nor am I a figure painter pro.

So this was a project with lots of miss and hits. But I keep telling myself, that I will improve. Just needs more and lots more practice. But so far, I am happy with the results. I also noticed some areas on the figure that needs some touch-ups of paint and also some toning down. So, yes, I do notice it and it will be rectified.

So I hope you like the completed dio, aside from the figure not being up to standard.

Here is the pic that inspired me to build my version:

gun-ho_zpsxam03vev.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------

desparate_times_zpseqnshlou.jpg

desparate_times4_zps2krth20x.jpg

desparate_times7_zpsfsbsyxnx.jpg

desparate_times2_zpstjld4l5b.jpg

desparate_times3_zpsehuv1adp.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
T

tommy1drop

Hi Charles absolutely fantastic work mate, really like the bin bags and that trolley;) superb dio.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Great work Charles. I bet he doesn't have issues getting to the front of the check out!

D

Doug Hughes

Brilliant, Charles. Lots of excellent detail - the posters, the bin bags, the rust around the manhole cover. I love it.

First Name
Charles
Thanks for looking in on this one guys.