Dingo finished, just need a dio now!

T

treyzx10r

Awesome weathering Graham ! As good as that Dingo looks now its really going to pop when its set in the dio!

F

Fenlander

Cheers Trey, let's hope so lol.

Richard, sadly this is 1:35 so I have been looking at the park over the back fence for the dio, should get s decent representation of the town in there without messing up my garden lol

S

Sky Raider

Come on Graham, you got to frame this masterpiece so we can see it in all its glory. Looking forward to seeing the finished touches.

Andy

S

Spyderman_uk

I have just recently finished building the very same Dingo and was feeling quite proud of myself.

It was a straight out of the box build. No accessories. Painted and weathered it up.

Thought it looked good!

Now looking at yours I feel depressed!:respect1:

F

Fenlander

I often look at mine and feel depressed to Terry lol. Post it up mate, the more the merrier.

B

Bunkerbarge

We all started at the bottom Terry, as long as you learn something from every other model you look at and then make your next one that bit better before you know it every one will be looking at yours and thinking "I wish mine was that good!"

The most important thing is that we enjoy making models and improving what we do.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Beautifully done as usual Graham. Someone's already commented on the redness of the dirt/clay you've put around the wheels which you don't sound too happy about. As they've said, a nice simple base with the same colour ground would set this off a treat.

Did you forget to drill out the gun barrel?

Gern

F

Fenlander

Hooray!!!! The prize (if there was one) goes to Dave for pointing out I had forgotten to drill out the gun barrel.......... (always one isn't there.....) Cheers Dave, I will be getting on with the base as soon as I get some more stuff.

S

Spyderman_uk

\ said:
I often look at mine and feel depressed to Terry lol. Post it up mate, the more the merrier.
At the moment it is on my (under construction) Normandy Landings Dio with my Cromwell. It will go into it's own diorama as soon as that is finished.

I think I need to take more pictures of my models, especially when I think they are finished. The photos certainly show up errors and omissions.:ohno:

F

Fenlander

Looks good to me Terry, the figure shows just how small these things were. The Cromwell is looking good to

S

Spyderman_uk

Oops, just been up into loft and discovered mine was a Tamiya kit, not the Miniart kit like yours.

Only noticed cuz' I was just looking through your Dingo build thread and thought mine didn't have half as many parts as yours.

My kit went together really easily without any problems, but was lacking in detail. Although I didn't notice that at the time!:tongue:

However, it was cheap and most of the detail wouldn't be seen anyway, as I like to put figures with my dio's to give them scale.

My Dingo will be going into a Miniart Diorama base, which is turning out much larger than I anticipated.

It's going to need a good few figures/accessories to fill it out though.

I think it will take up all of one shelf of my Ikea display cabinet.:thinking:

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Great work on the scout car Graham, looks excellent.

Weathering is top notch!

Paul