Divine Wind - Pegaso 1/9th Kamikaze Bust

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
On the home straight now, just need to give the whole bust a coat of flat varnish, add the scarf and back of bandanna, along with earphones/ cables and add to a base (which is under construction :smiling2: )

IMG_2218.JPGIMG_2220.JPGIMG_2221.JPGIMG_2223.JPGIMG_2225.JPGIMG_2228.JPG

Just spotted that black bit of paint, thats going to have to go :smiling:

D

Deleted member 6559

Very nice work Steve. He's coming together beautifully.

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
As it was a nice evening in Shropshire I decided to sit outside and continue with the bust, And very pleasant it was to. While the scarf, bandanna and head were fixing themselves to the body;

IMG_2247.JPGIMG_2251.JPGIMG_2252.JPG

I started on the headphones and cable, at first the paint just wasn't sticking, I had washed the resin and dried it with a hairdryer, after a few coats it all seemed good, so i weathered the ear-cups and the cable, time to add to the figure and complete the bust. Disaster, as i was trying to work out how the heck i was going to get the cable to reach his right ear, the paint started coming off and to make things worse, it was marking the scarf and jacket, managed to touch up those bits.

Then it hit (like a train) who hadn't primed the headphones - numpty !!, so they will be stripped tomorrow (of to the 'flicks' tonight)dried and primed ready to be re-coated. Mind still cant work out how the headphones for each ear and the connector are going to fit !!, maybe i fixed his head at the wrong angle, maybe i can heat the resin and bend it a bit better, if not, dunno - maybe cut the right cable and hide under the scarf, or stretch the resin (is that even possible).

Onward and upwards.

Attachments

• IMG_2254.JPG
    IMG_2254.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2256.JPG
    IMG_2256.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2258.JPG
    IMG_2258.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
R

RichardMo

very nice.I especially like the translucent goggles.
RIck