Dornier Do17z Airfix 1/72.

J

jono

\ said:
Cool, John. How did the kit go together so far?
Hi Mike, the kit went together well apart from my comment about the crew & cockpit space lol. the fit of wings & fuselage was good with only small amount of filler used. In general it is a good kit & a pleasure to build.

T

T. van Vuuren

Really nice paint scheme, is that a new tool kit?

Theuns

M

Mike

Boo!!! And there was me hoping to be first at having a crack at this!!

Nice build looking forward to getting mine!

First Name
Dave
Looks a great kit.As for the crew figures,have you considered amputations!?.Ive not built this kit so don't know how much room is in the cockpit.But they may all fit in if you chop their legs off.

J

jono

\ said:
Boo!!! And there was me hoping to be first at having a crack at this!!Nice build looking forward to getting mine!
Sorry for beating you too it Mike, LOL.

J

jono

\ said:
Looks a great kit.As for the crew figures,have you considered amputations!?.Ive not built this kit so don't know how much room is in the cockpit.But they may all fit in if you chop their legs off.
Dave the co-pilot/front gunner would need cutting in half lengthwise to stop him leaning into the centre of cockpit & his seat would need the same. The wireless/rear gunner needs head removed to fit the canopy as sitting to high LOL. Still enjoyed the build.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice one John, that looks to be a very nice kit. Those instructions look flash; I was looking inside one of my ancient Airfix kits yesterday, the instructions consisted of an exploded view of the parts and about 50 written steps to follow, all printed on newspaper style paper. However I bet your Dornier doesn't have a stand or a free tube of glue ;)

J

jono

\ said:
Nice one John, that looks to be a very nice kit. Those instructions look flash; I was looking inside one of my ancient Airfix kits yesterday, the instructions consisted of an exploded view of the parts and about 50 written steps to follow, all printed on newspaper style paper. However I bet your Dornier doesn't have a stand or a free tube of glue ;)
Thanks Joe, & yes the instructions are very good & in a book form, Yep you are right No Stand so unless you want a model with bent Props you have to do Wheels Down, & does anybody use the old Tubes of Glue noow a days, Thought it was all Liquid Glue now.

Have just opened a Tamiya self-propelled Howitzer kit to find it is a rebranded Italeri kit & the Italeri instructions just show the number & where the part goes but nothing to tell you in what order you should fit them GRRR!!!!.