Dragon's 1/35 flat bed wagon pictures

N

noble

Hi folks here is another part that will be added to the kriegslocomotive, this is Dragon's 1/35 scale flat bed wagon this kit comes with a panzer III tank which has not been built yet. The paints used were tamiya acrylics, oils and pastels i hope you like it as usual any and all comments welcome be they good or bad.

scott:preparingfood:

View attachment 30118

View attachment 30119

View attachment 30120

View attachment 30121

View attachment 30122

View attachment 30123

View attachment 30124

View attachment 30125

View attachment 30126

Flat bed 8.jpg

Flat bed 7.jpg

Flat bed 2.jpg

Flat bed 5.jpg

Flat bed 9.jpg

Flat bed 1.jpg

Flat bed 3.jpg

Flat bed 6.jpg

Flat bed 4.jpg

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Nice one Scott, will go well with the loco.

Just one point that hit me straight away. To my thinking (and taste, which is bad anyway!) the rust is perhaps a touch too rusty and red, if you follow...having said that it could well be my screen giving a false impression.

The tank will look the bee's sat on top.

By the way, have you clocked the Trumpeter 1/35 armour train stuff on Ebay? I know it's from China but it does look great!

Cheers,

Ron

N

noble

Hi Ron you know what i've been looking at this all afternoon an your right it is a little much so i will set about fixing that right away as it's only done in pastel after all, i must admit i've stopped using evil bay a long while back but i have been looking at the armoured train and wagons as a possible new project.

scott

B

Bunkerbarge

Scott a great subject and is going to look superb in conjunction with the loco. I agree with the rust observation but would possibly suggest that toning the whole model down with a light coloured wash will give the paint a bleached and faded look and will also tone down the bright colour of the rust. I've been looking at light coloured over all washes recently and how they give an aged and bleached look and I'm going to be having a go at it on the black hull of my coaster. I'm going to use a light grey overall wash over a satin black hull, fingers crossed it comes out OK!!

Practise on scrap first but it may be just what you need here.

N

noble

Hi Richard thanks for the comments and tips here, i have already fixed the rust issue as it had been driving me nuts all day, what iam thinking is maybe richard you should do a pictorial tutorial on what you are describing as it will be useful for others also, what do you think?

scott

F

Fenlander

Very nice Scott, is that a real wood deck? really like the look of it.

B

Bunkerbarge

Scott, here is a link that was posted a couple of weeks ago to an interesting tutorial, this uses white mixed in with a flat coat to shade a bleached paint effect:

Weathering with "DULLCOTE" by David Rapasi

I'm going to have a go at a light coloured wash to bleach the entire hull. When I have a go at my coaster hull I will take a few pictures and describe the technique, that is assuming it isn't a complete disaster!!

N

noble

Richard thanks for the link i will have to try this as the examples look good cheers mate.

scott

N

noble

\ said:
Very nice Scott, is that a real wood deck? really like the look of it. Grahm the deck is just plastic it was painted with a base coat of Xtracrylics sand brown, i think it's number 79 once this dried i thinned burnt umber oil paint and turps and painted over the top, once dry the deck was dry brushed with tamiya XF57 buff.scott

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Made a good job of that. The wood had me fooled!

If you are tempted by more military train stuff e-model.co.uk has the lot from Trumpeter....

Hope the "new" rust pictures are soon up for viewing :smiling:

Ian M