Ducati 900

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Tamiya 1/12 scale Ducati MHR 900

should be in the Mike Hailwood scheme of red and green but the decals were shot so i had to improvise somewhat.....had some black Ducati logos left over from when i did a 900 SuperSport......did it in an all over Ducati Red since thats the classic colour

sorry about the pics, its that shiny i had problems with refelections

war33m.jpg

2r5eypx.jpg

71qjkn.jpg

2uy52t0.jpg

and one for scale

2ngy0qw.jpg

J

Jens Andrée

From the shelf of doom to this!?!
Bl**dy well done!!!

I don't know what sort of problems you had with the previous paint jobs but this one is top notch! :thumb2:

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Very neat, mine became a donor for the NCR that I had built in the past! :thumb2:

I like the Jimi Hendrix quote.:thumb2:

First Name
Gwyn
Well done Paul that is one great model.

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I don't know what sort of problems you had with the previous paint jobs but this one is top notch! :thumb2:

the proper scheme for this is with a bright green lower to the fairing , with a white decal stripe at the joint between red and green......the green matches some green decals on the tank....and its not easy to get the paint in the right shade.....tamiya and revell are pretty much it.....and i couldnt get the tamiya (which i hate anyway) and the revell i tried twice and couldnt get the finish i wanted...threw it back in the box in frustration.....fast forward a few years to now and the decals had deteriorated (my own fault) and i didnt fancy trying the green/red scheme anyway so went for all over red which was an awful lot easier to do