Eaglemoss 1/8 007 Aston Martin Build

Bigfoot57

SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Roy

Yep your right about the amount of screws left and I have checked through them all the problem is the plastic front frame that bolts to the chassis on the front of the car unless the screws are jamming up on something which I have checked because you can push down on the 2 bits and they join with no gaps but the piece of plastic the screws go into is thicker than the screw length and that's using the Type A's as instructed are a least 2-3mm too short
As I said the body will fit down as required but you can't anchor it cause there's no thread showing the only thing I haven't tried is opening up the bottom of the holes on the plastic bottom to make a socket so to speak so the locating lugs in the chassis are moved closer to the join therby giving me the nesscceary extra thread but I'm trying to avoid that I already have a cracked chrome windscreen surround and bent bonnet support strut from trying to force the screws to fit but they are just not long enough

Regards

Colin

Bigfoot57

SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Roy
Here's a photo of the part that has to be screwed together according to what I'm seeing the 3 plastic sections ok the 1st one is countersunk but that still leaves 2 more sections one is 5mm thick on it's own leaving no thread for the screw to attach the bodywork to unless you know different

Regards

Colin

Attachments

• IMG_5049.JPG
    IMG_5049.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 15

Bigfoot57

SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Hooray longer length bolts have arrived and fit perfectly there is still a small gap at the bottom and the doors only just close but after the grief I had with this build I'll accept that I have no idea what's causing the gap hopefully can now finish bolting it together here's where I'm at

Attachments

• IMG_5111.JPG
    IMG_5111.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 10

Bigfoot57

SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Ok I'm calling the Aston finished here are the last pictures of the build still got to replace windscreen surround but other than that it's all finished was it worth it no the model is totally lacking detail and accuarcy and £750 does not represent calue for money you can up the detail level especially in the engine bay which is awful without modification but the other cosmetic touches are barely discernible and can be achieved I believe through painting and no carperting and real leather which makes thing more awkward to fit afterwards I'm still in shock that the electrics worked as well anyway enough of my waffle enjoy as always comments good and bad are always welcome

Regards

Colin

Attachments

• IMG_5122.JPG
    IMG_5122.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5123.JPG
    IMG_5123.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5124.JPG
    IMG_5124.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5125.JPG
    IMG_5125.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5126.JPG
    IMG_5126.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5127.JPG
    IMG_5127.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 7

Bigfoot57

SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Sorry folks I lied forgot to attach shot of engine compartment

Thatthatthathhtathals all folks

Colin

Attachments

• IMG_5130.JPG
    IMG_5130.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5131.JPG
    IMG_5131.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 10
R

roymattblack

Well you got there in the end.
Well done that man.

Yes, there is something definitely adrift at the front/sills area as it should all line up smoothly.
It took me an age to get the front 'down' enough on mine, after lowering the firewall and inner engine bay sides up at the screen end.
I literally filed them down by around 3mm.

P1010093_zps59b64f98.jpg

A nice model but I agree - dreadful level of detail and extremely toy like in many areas.
The engine is completely wrong in umpteen areas as is the interior.
Also AWFUL paint match on the panels - just look at my door and bonnet!
I wish I'd repainted it all.

I think Eaglemoss learned a lesson from this one as more recent offerings from them are leagues ahead.

Anyway - a nice result - sit it somewhere on a hefty shelf and enjoy it.
I'm sure it will get lots of 'oohs' and 'ahh's'...

Bigfoot57

SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Final resting place for Aston now waiting for display case to house it in

Regards

Colin

Attachments

• IMG_5143.JPG
    IMG_5143.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 6

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Sorry Colin I've only just looked through this and its all completed. But great work it looks fantastic

Bigfoot57

SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Thanks guys was a bit of a struggle numerous expleteves used throughout

Regards

Colin