Eastern Express - 1/144 Fokker F27 - BMA

L

linuxyeti

Well, another finished model, I decided to tackle the relatively newly released Eastern Express F27, well I've always liked an underdog, and EE don't seem to get much love posted in their direction :smiling:. I've chosen to complete the model completely out of the box, using the supplied decals. As for the build, it goes together quite well, certainly nothing drastic to worry about. The EE decals, are also not too bad at all, and it certainly looks like the BMA F27 I first remember seeing on April 3rd 1982 at Liverpool. Although, I first saw it when is was operating for Air UK on 5th April 1980 ! Overall, it's quite a nice little kit, that builds up into a perfectly acceptable model.

Anyhow, I hope you like the model, I really do appear to be on a roll this year !!

Attachments

• G-BLGW_F-27_BMA_–_Eastern_Express_1.jpg
    G-BLGW_F-27_BMA_–_Eastern_Express_1.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 19
  • G-BLGW_F-27_BMA_–_Eastern_Express_2.jpg
    G-BLGW_F-27_BMA_–_Eastern_Express_2.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 21
  • G-BLGW_F-27_BMA_–_Eastern_Express_3.jpg
    G-BLGW_F-27_BMA_–_Eastern_Express_3.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 19
  • G-BLGW_F-27_BMA_–_Eastern_Express_4.jpg
    G-BLGW_F-27_BMA_–_Eastern_Express_4.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 15

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Very nice, I'm not familiar with New Tooling from EE, just reboxing other makers kits.
I remember flying from Schipol, to Leeds/Bradford in the early 80's in a KLM F-27, and a flight attendant, and myself were the only ones that weren't sick. It was so bumpy that they gave up trying to serve coffee, and I spent the entire flight smoking furiously, staring out of the window at grey clouds, trying to ignore the sounds and smells in the cabin. To cap a good day, I was given a thorough going over by Customs - it took me an hour to get out of the airport!
Ah happy days!
Dave

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Very nice, the F-27 seems to be the only airliner I've built besides the Heracles. Lovely plane. The EE 1/144 scale kit looks accurate in shape. One of these days I'll post up my 1/72 ESCI build blog in local MSA livery. Here's a shot of it...
405585.jpg

Cheers,
Richard

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Lovely work tony ,i do love a classic turboprop , great to see more airliners too, cheers tony

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Can't beat the F27 for classic turboprop status . Very nicely done

L

linuxyeti

Very nice, the F-27 seems to be the only airliner I've built besides the Heracles. Lovely plane. The EE 1/144 scale kit looks accurate in shape. One of these days I'll post up my 1/72 ESCI build blog in local MSA livery. Here's a shot of it...
View attachment 300016

Cheers,
Richard
That's a very nice looking F-27