©Rbill

rescue-boat-detail.jpg
©Rbill

rescue-boat-out-of-water.jpg
©Rbill

N

noobee captain

Chris,

who built the Grampian Orcades? She is a lovely bot. Is it kit or scratch built???

James

A

adzam

lo james, i think ajg141 could give more info on that model.

i`ll try and find out for you.

A

ajg141

James

Spoke to the owner/builder this afternoon. The Grampian Orcades was built by EMBC member Eric Carrington. The fibreglass hull was produced by W Woods of Aberdeen to a scale of 1/50th. Superstructure (and everything apart from the hull) is scratch built from plasticard, wood and brass. It is powerd by a 12v motor and has a single Kort nozzle. The original prototype (built in Denmark in 1991/2) apparently had something called a tunnel thruster but this was abandoned. The model took 2 1/2 years to complete.

Andrew

A

artic-corsair

i wish i had the patience to build models to that standard, i always start off thinking "i'm going to take my time and build it to look good " and the next thing you know a show pops up and you think " i know i'll get it done for then " , and i end up rushing it to get it ready, why does that happen?.

Last edited:
V

Vance V

Very nice boats. I love the designs. Building models to the standard is very hard. Great art work.

Boat club

G

Graham_1970

Well Im going to get HMS Illustrious plans at 1 96 scale and scratch build the hull it will measure at 86 inches the plans are from Jecobin at £56.