steve
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Hi

Here is my next build heard so many horror stories about these kits but it was just sitting in the stash so l thought sod it .is it just me or is some photo etch totally pointless it's so small and fiddly and doesn't really make any difference or you can't even see it anyway I've got the cockpit done more updates soon

F

Fenlander

I built one of these many moons ago and, if I remember correctly, the only problem I had was getting the engine in but that was probably more my fault than the kit.

D

Deleted member 4539

Excellent looking Cockpit. :smiling3:

I've done a few Eduard kits and never really had a problem.

And I know what you mean about pointless etch.

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
\ said:
I built one of these many moons ago and, if I remember correctly, the only problem I had was getting the engine in but that was probably more my fault than the kit.
Got a eduard A-9 and another D-9 like the one I just finished in the stash, they are notoriously troublesome to fit by all accounts. Mine was tricky like yours graham (around the engine).

Some careful dry fitting might be needed meggsy, you might find once the engine and cockpit is ready and you dry fit the fuselage some shaving may be needed on the contact areas.

Hope this helps.

Cockpit looking nice by the way.

Phil

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
You just need to be careful with alignment of the firewall/engine/cowl gun assembly (ies) and remember that some panels appear to have been designed to be posed open. If you want to close them up then adjustments to them or what lies beneath maybe required.

Cheers

Steve

F

Fenlander

I did pose mine opened up. I know this is a dodgy picture but I still think this aging dusty model is the best aircraft build I have ever done

image_71.jpe

meggsy

SMF Supporter
First Name
steve
Thanks for all the tips and comments chaps appreciate them

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
That cockpit certainly looks great.

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

nice work mate, but be careful of making PE look like PE. This can occur pretty easily with seatbelts. Also, the Pedals were usually a metallic silver-aluminium colour. The control stick's hood at the bottom was a blood red colour or a black grey.

I have built this kit and the D-9 and 11 series of this kit before, and watch out for the fit in the engine, as it can quickly turn into a mess

Last edited: