Eduard 1/48th Mig 21R

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Here it is my MIG 21 group build completed about 8 months late.IMG_1466.JPG IMG_1467.JPG IMG_1470.JPG

I was making good progress to start then work, family matters and moving house all conspired to throw a spanner in the works.

Painted using the Gunze-Sangyo acrylics, once I had got over a teething problem with the airbrush these were nice paints to spray. The problem is they are not compatible with the Vallejo airbrush cleaner I had been using, it causes the paint to go all gloopy and block the airbrush. this caused me to be a little heavy handed with the paint until I found the problem. I switched to Tamiya airbrush cleaner and no problems, in fact with the Defiant I did recently there were far less issues with tip drying etc. than with the Vallejo model air.

Not one of my best builds. but it needed to be completed. The kit itself is a nice build and the problems are mine rather than the kits. Learn from my mistakes and move on.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Well moving house is a fair excuse (I think I might need an excuse for the cold war GB) then again, it does fit into the cold war GB quite nicely.
Anyway, great result. Nice to see a camouflage finish.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great job dave , it looks excellent . Dont worry about being late to the finish line - one of my GB's was once nearly a year late! The Eduard Mig 21's are superb kits for the money arent they , even the weekend editions , cheers tony

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Great job dave , it looks excellent . Dont worry about being late to the finish line - one of my GB's was once nearly a year late! The Eduard Mig 21's are superb kits for the money arent they , even the weekend editions , cheers tony

And there was me thinking I had set some sort of record :smiling3:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Dave, I think I commented on your build thread earlier. This was well worth the wait, the camouflage looks very nice indeed. If there are flaws in your build they certainly do not show up in the pictures.

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Sweet! Cracking build!:cool::cool:

B

BigZimmo

Great job, Dave. And the camouflage finish is excellent.......well done, mate!!!

:smiling3:

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The Mig 21 looks fabulous in the shots Dave. If there are problems with it you really can't tell. I think it looks stunning, well worth the wait.
Cheers
Paul

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

The eduard Mig 21s are the best in scale. Excellent rendition mate
John