Eduard Spitfire Mk.IXc - 1/48

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Hello Jim,
Having fun I see, the build looks good all the way through. If not known I would attach the canopy with white glue, dries clear and unless you are jumping in and out of the cockpit it will stay put. Have included mine from the gb on the other site, this was Airfix/Eduard re-box but with a lot of additions/scratch work. Cheers, MikeC.spitfin5.jpg

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Steve, Fernando and Richard.
Thanks for your comments. I did actually mix the paint in a separate container and it looked OK. It was only when I tried spraying it that the Mogglin Pixies changed it from paint to what can best be described as 'slug slime!!!':sad:.
Mike - just seen your completed Spit. I shall study the photos carefully especially for weathering positioning.
Jim

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

Nice choice of kit mate. I myself have a long standing love affair with Eduard kits. As seen by my stash.... also I love their aftermarket (that box in the pic is crammed with Eduard Brassin and PE and BIG ED.
A8741466-F84B-4A26-A63E-9D92732CBD75.jpeg

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

Also, be careful with fit overall, as tolerance is small. However, if measured up well, everything will click into place. Btw, nice job so far

First Name
Wouter
Good to see some progress, looks good there! And we all make mistakes like that I reckon. Personally I never really liked how Tammi paints sprayed with that Thinner either. I only use it for fixing pigments these days.

Looking forward to see the wings fitted!

Cheers

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Evan - I suppose every modeller has to build at least one Spitfire. Bit like one Tiger and one Panther :smiling:
Wouter - I think both Mr Color and Tamiya spray so well with lacquer thinner. It's just the fumes and the clean up that are a negative.
John - You are so right about the fit. I have been working on the wings and the under wing gubbins. The fit is so perfect it does indeed 'click' together.
Jim

First Name
Wouter
:smiling:
Wouter - I think both Mr Color and Tamiya spray so well with lacquer thinner. It's just the fumes and the clean up that are a negative.

Jim
Completely agree with that, spraying those without a mask is sheer suicide :smiling2:. Though I still have plenty of bottles of Lacquer Thinner I prefer Mr. Levelling Thinner 400. It's as nasty but performs even better I think.

Cheers

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi all
Been beavering away and at last it is beginning to look like a Spitfire. I am just so impressed with the fit. No filling needed. I am actually a little further on than the photos show.
P1050321.JPG
P1050322.JPG
Jim

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
Just caught up on your build and having done the royal class combo spits I know how nice these kits are but great work so far.

First Name
Wouter
Looking good there mate. I must say I love your homemade airplane stand as well!

Cheers

First Name
Andrew
I too have just caught up with this build. I too will be following as I’m another Spitfire lover. Great work by the way!

D

Deleted member 6559

Great progress Jim - your usual neat and clean approach.

Our local Spitfire has flown over twice this week. Stll rush to the window for a glimpse.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi all
Thanks once again for your support - really appreciate it.
So today I have walked the dogs, been shopping, done some gardening, sat in the sun and read a magazine and got grief from the missus for leaving wet towels on the floor in the shower!
Had a bit of bench time as well. So this update is by way of a "Spot the Difference" from yesterday challenge :smiling5:
P1050323.JPGP1050324.JPG
The white bit is a replacement as the Carpet Monster ate the tiny kit part.
Jim
(How did you do? Front cover top and bottom, aerial thingy behind cockpit, small round bit in front of cockpit, air scoopy thing underneath and two sticky out bits on the front of each wing)

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Jim

Glad to hear the fuselage went together well. She really does look a real beautieeeee! Permission to carry on:smiling3:

Steve

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Jim
Really nice work. Lovely clean finish.
Tim