BAC Lightning F.6

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
2362944E-C3C9-4BBC-BB41-54C384910FD7.jpeg

Panel lines on one side are done, so I decided to take a picture that shows the difference between applying a shade tone to panel lines, and not.

What I used for this is clear varnish that I tinted dark grey, applied with a fine brush and then any excess wiped away with my finger, so that it remains in the deeper areas like panel lines as well as around raised details.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Jakko are we gonna see her mounted on a nice stand in the flight postion ?

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Of course. I just have to finish the model and build the stand :smiling3: The model itself just needs a coat of semigloss varnish and then some more details painted in one of those Humbrol polishable metallics. Building the stand will be simple enough.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Almost there …

2A71331A-F43A-460B-A479-43E17027022F.jpeg

And wouldn’t you know it, the matt varnish that always turns out quarter-gloss instead of really matt, goes matt when you use it specifically because it normally doesn’t :smiling3:

After taking that photo, I added the pitot tube and painted it, the intake lip, the tip of the nose cone, and the edging around the exhausts with Humbrol Metal Cote Polished Aluminium. When that’s dried, all that’s left is to glue the exhausts into the fuselage and build the flying stand.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Very nice Jakko just lookin at her you would not think there had been a prob with the paint to me she looks real with all the panel lines an such ( great work :cool: )
an are you not gonna fit the red top missles on her ?

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Oh yeah, forgot to mention those :smiling3: They’re painted, decalled, and varnished too, all I need to do is glue them on.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
And here’s the stand:

8052CA41-2878-474A-A6AD-CB5208D88B34.jpeg

It’s a simple base for a figure or small vehicle that I bought ages ago (it had a price sticker in pounds on it, and the last time I was in the UK was in 2002 :smiling3:) and I drilled two holes in for 6 mm perspex rod at a slight angle. That angle was determined largely by the semi-random bit of wood I used to prop up one end while I held the base under the table drill, so it’s just an angle that looked right. I didn’t even need to glue them in.

The finished model can be admired seen here.