El Alamein Sherman M4A1

• Thread starter Deleted member 5819
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5819

Hello Pete,
Just caught up to this build, and the paint is in the process and looking really good. Stop doubting yourself, I for one really enjoy watching your builds and looking at your painting skills, I really wish I could hand paint as well as you do. Not to worry about the frustration, I get there as well, hence the lack of real updates.
I sympathise with you and your illness, and yes the ones on the recieving end are usually the wives. When my ptsd raises it's ugly head it can become a war zone in the house, first it was the heart attacks, then being diagnosed with what had been said was just a bad tempered old wazuk but was ptsd, after all this time. At the start it was nothing to hear the PC bouncing down the stairs or the monitor being dragged screaming up the path to the bin by its chord. I'm 70 now, and what I will be like if I reach 90 is anyones guess.... But I now do one day at a time, then a week, then a month and at each day there is the wife supporting me. Keep up the superb modelling. Mike.
Hi MIke thank you, I'm sorry to learn about your troubles I did not know, as you say one day at a time, then a week, then a month, it sounds like you've got a good lady there, the unsng heroes, have a good day sir.
Pete.

D

Deleted member 5819

Peter, I'm in the same boat as Mike with the Ptsd, at least you seem to finish your builds and get some colour on, I have only managed to finish one since restarting, all the others I've done seem to fly through the air, and the're not even wingy things, costs me a packet, so your in good company, anyway onwards and upwards ...:cool::thumb2:

Hi Brad I'm sorry to learn about your predicament to I did not know, as Mike said one day at a time, if you've got a good lady there get her to do what mine does completely finish one before you can buy another it works most of the time :smirk: , have a good day sir.
Pete.

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi made 5 palm trees using copper wire and Das clay.
28427557888_863bcf02ed_z.jpg

I hope you can see what I'm trying to do. brew up round the campfire at the desert oasis, yes there
will be water.
28427556658_1f8630f552_z.jpg

41398947765_b1ecdcc873_z.jpg

28427555778_dae7ff19f4_z.jpg

Thank you for looking in.
Pete :sleeping:

B

Brad9826

Hi Brad I'm sorry to learn about your predicament to I did not know, as Mike said one day at a time, if you've got a good lady there get her to do what mine does completely finish one before you can buy another it works most of the time :smirk: , have a good day sir.
Pete.
I don't tell her now, I do click and collect......LOL

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Pete.
I was pleased to see your palm leaves the size they are, even thought I checked mine several times I thought they were too big ,so feel much better .
Love the trunks, think they are the hardest part to model.
John.

D

Deleted member 5819

Pete.
I was pleased to see your palm leaves the size they are, even thought I checked mine several times I thought they were too big ,so feel much better .
Love the trunks, think they are the hardest part to model.
John.
Thanks John the way I look at it is let them have a go at making them,oh that was a bit naughty of me :tongue-out3:
Pete.

D

Deleted member 5819

Got a bit more done to the palm trees.
42275983712_cd0bec0b85_z.jpg

42275984282_7527a0cf96_z.jpg

42275984162_d3036101f7_z.jpg

41421876975_1081b7755f_z.jpg

Still got to seal the trunks and give them a darker washand, added the coconuts that are peppercorns.
41600867854_ff20cde6a1_z.jpg

Thank you for looking in.
Pete.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Pete,
Would you like to put together just a small tutorial on making palm trees, this is one of the reasons I do not do diorama's, got the books but the knowhow evades me.
Cheers, Mike.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Peter, I'm in the same boat as Mike with the Ptsd, at least you seem to finish your builds and get some colour on, I have only managed to finish one since restarting, all the others I've done seem to fly through the air, and the're not even wingy things, costs me a packet, so your in good company, anyway onwards and upwards ...:cool::thumb2:
Hi Brad,
Yep, mine used to go like that as well, the ARV nearly went the other day....... Cheers, Mike

B

Brad9826

Pete,
Would you like to put together just a small tutorial on making palm trees, this is one of the reasons I do not do diorama's, got the books but the knowhow evades me.
Cheers, Mike.
Hi Mike, oh no, not good buddy.... Stay low, move fast... keep it going, tracks is wot its got not props!?:thumb2:

B

Brad9826

Pete,
Cheers, Mike.
I'll take a sbs Mike.

B

Brad9826

Pete, apologise, for part hijacking your thread, keep it coming buddy, I can't get over your hairy stick skills... Do you paint your dio's the same way or using rattle cans ?

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter
Palms look great and the 'coconuts' - genius!
Jim

D

Deleted member 5819

Pete,
Cheers, Mike.
Hi Mike sorry I haven't got any books on diorama building, I know Scottie builds trees he may have some.
Pete.

prichrd1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Pete,

Just had a quick read through, couldn't understand why you suddenly stopped posting - yet you are producing such excellent results. Now I can understand and totally sympathize with you.
Palm trees looking great, Sherman looks fantastic, figures are brilliant - and all done with a hairy stick!! - - keep it going mate.:thumb2::thumb2:

Paul.
:smiling::smiling: