El Alamein Sherman M4A1

• Thread starter Deleted member 5819
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5819

Pete,
Many thanks, already downloaded and put in file, now ready for part two - excellent.
Cheers,
MikeC.
Hi Mike I hope it makes some kind of sense, I might put it in the tutorial section after I've tweaked it a bit.
Pete.

First Name
Wouter
Hi Pete, quite the vibrant colors you used on the Sherman, I like them! And weathering will tone it down nicely I reckon. Love those trees btw, well done!

Cheers

D

Deleted member 5819

Sorry I have not been able to log In since Friday for some reason the forum won't let me in.

Trunk, cut is to 11" long.Tape one end and at 3 1/2" in from the other, then carefully splaey the wires out to make the top branches, the leaves are made in the same way as the lower ones.
40622680740_c29877c674_z.jpg

Feather all the edges of the leaves .

Paint all the leaves before assembly.

Bend all the leaves to shape.

Tape the 7 lower branches under the top ones.

I've used Das clay and moulded it around the copper wire to make the trunk then formed the palm tree shape into the trunk.

Paint the trunk and weather with oils.

I used a dish pad for the palm fronds.

Then add trees to your diorama base

Thank you for looking.
Pete.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Hi Pete,
Have finally caught up on your build, overall, excellent.
Couple of questions, are the packs from a kit or scratch, I ask because the straps are in different positions. And what did you use for toyr water effect.
Cheers, MikeC.

D

Deleted member 6559

The flowering of the desert! More excellent work Pete.

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi Pete,
Have finally caught up on your build, overall, excellent.
Couple of questions, are the packs from a kit or scratch, I ask because the straps are in different positions. And what did you use for toyr water effect.
Cheers, MikeC.
Hi Mike if you mean these I added longer pewter straps so it can hang off the side.
42410406281_d8f4d1212f_z.jpg

They are from Sherman Engine Deck Set #11
ShermanSet-11-240.jpg

As for the water effect I used.
40924867140_9caf769341_z.jpg

I used for the sand.
42495219391_b049680b03_z.jpg

Pete.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Hi Pete,
Looking very good indeed...the trees look excellent in my opinion and I like how the water turned out:thumb2:

I just brought a pot of the AK desert sand myself from scale-model shop ...looking forward to having a play with it...hope my effort turns out as well as yours:smiling4:
Si

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Cheers Pete
MikeC.

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi Pete,
Looking very good indeed...the trees look excellent in my opinion and I like how the water turned out:thumb2:

I just brought a pot of the AK desert sand myself from scale-model shop ...looking forward to having a play with it...hope my effort turns out as well as yours:smiling4:
Si
Cheers Si, you know desert sand = palm trees:tongue-out3:.
Pete.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Pete
Top work on the base. And I'm still so, so impressed with the palm trees. A dish cleaning pad for the hairy centres - inspired :smiling5:
Jim

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi Pete
Top work on the base. And I'm still so, so impressed with the palm trees. A dish cleaning pad for the hairy centres - inspired :smiling5:
Jim
Cheers Jim a lightbulb moment, I have one a year :thinking:
Pete.

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi It's finally finished.

A big thank you to everone who followed along :thumb2:.
Time to move on to somewhere else I think my stuff just isn't cutting it everything here is just so good,I need a new home again !!!
Pete.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Pete
A really great result. Your dio tells the story well. Most dios do not have 'height' and so the trees add that extra dimension. Thanks for sharing this.
Jim

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
That is really excellent. Great result. Nice composition shows the build off to a T.
Cheers
Tim