Elan13 1/12 scale ‘Spear Dane’

F

Fenlander

Not sure if this should be in fantasy as it does represent a Viking type figure but maybe more ‘Game of Thrones’.

Face started in acrylic but finished in water soluble oils. Shield, and my first crude attempt at freehand, is all acrylic. The torso, shirt etc, all in water soluble oil paint. Really fun piece to paint but I have to admit, this could have been better but really happy with my first attempt at using oils.

C4E54BEF-1232-4313-809D-D94B8644F927.jpeg

FC71A794-8EF2-4E87-B81F-6E56F08DC73E.jpeg

639B29B4-038A-46B9-B506-1D7894C50C29.jpeg

695F852B-F30F-4A0D-B6AB-BD983DEACEF1.jpeg

588B9029-D1FB-48B7-8FDC-B9000830C3C9.jpeg

11492D26-C0FC-4266-A24A-AEB2FFC3B52D.jpeg

F

Fenlander

Very nice work Graham, far better than I could do.
I must get one to practice on.
Thanks Ian. I need to refine my painting which I hope will come with practice. However, painting at this scale is one of those things that I just could not get the hang of no matter how many videos I watched. Then, it just happened. Like a lightbulb moment. Now I just don’t understand why I found it so daunting.

F

Fenlander

Very nice, only tiny weeny thing, his pupil's seem to have bleed onto his lower eye lid

It does look that way Steve, there is a very deep undercut on the eye which is a bugger to get to to correct it but I will give it a go one day :thumb2:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
I,know that face,very well done,Graham,do like him so,
good tones on him.,just needs the ink work to the side of his,head and face lol,:smiling:

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
to me the chap from,viking one of the brothers

F

Fenlander

Sadly, I have no idea who he is lol. I don’t watch any of these ‘viking’ programs...... The sculpter, Robert Lane, also asked if I intended doing some head tattoos. May need to practice a bit before attempting it.

Thanks for the comments folks :thumb2:

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
these may help a little ,I think if you find out his name and them google it as cast of viking maybe able to get better pics,:smiling2:
then get his head size,on tracing paper , then draw the design onto,and use carbine paper ,trace it on then ,use a maker pen,
once copy on to high lite it,once dry,from a distance,spray clear over it,let dry then do again,a couple of time,:hugging-face:
hope this helps.:smiling:

Attachments

• hqdefault.jpg
    hqdefault.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 3
  • new_cast_0.jpg
    new_cast_0.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 3

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
\very nice Graham, although I do find the disembodied hand slightly disconcerting. :smiling3:

F

Fenlander

\very nice Graham, although I do find the disembodied hand slightly disconcerting. :smiling3:

Thanks Bob. The Spear and hand are a marmite thing, you love it or hate it. I really like it. Busts by their very nature are a bit abstract. I think this is a clever way of including the spear rather than just having a piece glued to his shoulder.

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
I guess so, it just reminded me of that scene in the RoboCop remake when they take the exo-suit away. :thinking: