EMHAR MIG 3 1:72 SCALE

P

Paul Daniell

Afternoon all Just though I would put up a couple of shots of my last finished model.

This was an experimental build for me first time use of rattle can primer and a black wash to dirty it up a bit.

'][/url]

'][/url]

'][/url]

Many thanks for looking Paul

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Very nice Paul, I like it mate, nice colour scheme.

Si:smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice clean build Paul well done :smiling3:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice one Paul. I quite like the look of the MiG-3.

P

Paul Daniell

It's a nice kit old and cheep the way I like them.lol the mig 3 has been a favorite of mine since I was a kid. I am a big fan of Johnny Red from the battle comics. Joe colquhoun's art work made them look very exciting for a 8 year old boy. I learned a lot from this kit it was the first time I used a rattle can primer which to be honest was nice way to get the white colour on to the plane with no brush strokes but then learned that it is not easy to paint white on a white primer. I also learned that a wash works better over a couple of gloss coats. Thanks for looking guys and thanks for the nice comments. I am starting to see an improvement in my model making. Cheers Paul

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Joe Colquhoun was an exceptional artist. His work in the early Johnny Red stories and the Charley's War saga were second to none. John Cooper drew the series after Colquhoun moved to draw Charley's War. His art work was also very good but not as detailed. I still have my Battle comics from 1982 to the end of the comic. I must see if I can dig them out for some nostalgia.

By the way Paul, you can read every single page of the Johnny Red story here, free of charge in all its glory: http://www.falconsquadron.sevenpennynightmare.co.uk/

It is a real shame these sorts of comics have disappeared. All I see in the book shops now are those Japanese animated things and girl comics. I think even the Judge Dredd/Eagle comic has gone?

P

Paul Daniell

Thanks flyjoe

I have read the full story online not to long ago. Charles war is another of my favourites. I have the same matey more or less a full run of battle comics all the way up till it ended when it merged with the eagle and they both finished in the earlier 90's.

Most of these comics have now finished in print the only one's still going in the uk are 2000ad,judge,Dredd and the commando. There are some online but not a lot. Not sure with IPC are dining with the rights for most of the stories but they haven't been reprinted very often and that's a shame as I for one would buy loads of the stories if re-printed in book or graphic Novel form.

Cheers Paul

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Titan Books have actually reprinted the entire Charley's War saga and the first parts of Johnny Red in graphic novel form. Hard back books, or you can purchase them as e-books from Amazon. You can also now get Darkie's Mob, Major Eazy, and possibly others but I have not checked for a long time.

P

Paul Daniell

\ said:
Titan Books have actually reprinted the entire Charley's War saga and the first parts of Johnny Red in graphic novel form. Hard back books, or you can purchase them as e-books from Amazon. You can also now get Darkie's Mob, Major Eazy, and possibly others but I have not checked for a long time.
Hi Joe

Yeah I have all of the charley's War in both the comics and the titan books but am still waiting for the world war 2 saga to come out not sure it will but we will see and also have the the 2 books from titan with the start of Johnny red. they are pride of place on the book shelf.

was not really a fan of major eazy, darkie's mob is okay but would like to see stories like day of the eagle, the rat pack, the sarge and The bookneck boy back in print but IPC have the rights to all the stories and seam to be sitting on them.

It would also be nice to see Dan Dare back in print even if it is just re-prints.

Thanks papa and pink for the nice comments.

Many Thanks Paul

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great looking MiG Paul , cheers tony