Encore 1/72 Bf-109 G-2

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice one Ian, a slightly different scheme which will stand out on your shelf.Nice work on the aerial rigging.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice to see some think a bit diffidence Ian i like it :rolleyes:

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

Nice work mate, like the mottling without airbrush usage and the nice straight canopy lines. Always found that hard to do until I bought an AB. I might start my Hasegawa Bf 109G-2 kit soon as well. Did you use any aftermarket on this one?

John

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I like that, and it goes to show that you can achieve great results without the use of a AB. Nice one.

Si:smiling3:

S

spongtastic

Thanks for the comments all, been a bit of a slow one and the picture seems to show up everything I'm not that happy with, such as the smoke staining above the cannon and the canopy looks a different colour, even though when you look at the model it's the same, grrr!

\ said:
Nice work mate, like the mottling without airbrush usage and the nice straight canopy lines. Always found that hard to do until I bought an AB. I might start my Hasegawa Bf 109G-2 kit soon as well. Did you use any aftermarket on this one?John
No aftermarket other than ez line for the aerial, as it's a 99p job and although I considered brass replacement for the cannon & pitot I realised the money would be better spent elsewhere (Tamiya Zero!). Canopy lines are just a steady hand and a long paint brush. Mottling was done with cotton buds, with a small amount of paint dabbed on, I tried sponge, chopped brushes and home made stencils and this was the one that seemed to work.