'Engine for sale' Vignette

First Name
Charles
I call this little vignette 'Kompis pris' Directly translated - 'Friends Price'. Doesn't sound right in English but if you are a Swede, then you will understand the joke behind it. :smiling3:The engine is an old Volvo engine I bought from a private sale. The kit had been partly built so I decided to make use of just the engine and scrape the rest. Engine the pics.

D

delmonteman

Really like it! What scale is it in? The grass and gravel are amazing. Could an english translation of "kompis pris" be "mate's rate's"

First Name
Charles
\ said:
Really like it! What scale is it in? The grass and gravel are amazing. Could an english translation of "kompis pris" be "mate's rate's"
Thanks. The scale is 1/24. That translation sounds much better. ;)

B

Bunkerbarge

What a superb example of weathering techniques at thier best. Great little diorama and photographed from the right angle could easily pass as real, which is the greatrest accolade a model could recieve for me.

Best place for a Volvo engine!

First Name
Charles
\ said:
What a superb example of weathering techniques at thier best. Great little diorama and photographed from the right angle could easily pass as real, which is the greatrest accolade a model could recieve for me.Best place for a Volvo engine!
Thank you kindly for that remark. Another thing. You sure know your motors :smiling3: It is definitely a Volvo engine. I had not mentioned it in my original post. :smiling3: