"eternal war of the poor man"

C

Cov1

Hi Bobby, looking great. Some nice ideas for dios liking this big time.

As for the airbrush thinners I use is ready mixed Halfords blue screen wash, like Scott said dont use water if using Tamiya Acrylics.

Ade

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
With this diving off for a few days lark, I am missing so much on the progress of the Summer G/B.

Bobby, this is looking really good and coming along nicely...

Just a thought on your dio. 'Ground'. Be very careful using plaster, put on a bit thick it will crack big time. Use several thin layers.

I will be watching with interest how this comes along, good luck.

ron

R

rogue-one

just keeping ya posted.

hey guys thanks for the comments and advise on airbrush work and plaster. i've been busy caught up in work lately, loads of hours and overtime. so i havn't got much done. i've had a practice with the airbrush and it's great! am wondering what took me so long to get one! not just for modeling but it will be great for my artwork, especially sky and smokeyness. i've started the painting on my tank and it's coming along nicely(pics to come soon). but for now i've continued on the diorama base. here's some pics...

i still have a good bit to do, paint the grass(made of fur, thanks scott), fill the stream with varnish, add the barbwire to the fence and cover the ground with mud and snow. snow on the trees and everything else too.

i'm not to sure about my explosion? i think i might try again with a plastic bottle top cut into thinner strips? but tell me what you think.

View attachment 25649

View attachment 25650

View attachment 25651

CIMG1968.jpg

CIMG1969.jpg

CIMG1970.jpg

F

Fenlander

Coming on well Bobby. I still have to start work on the base for mine, I am relying on learning so much more from you guys.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Bobby

The dio looks sweet, love the snow and footprints. I'd maybe lose the leaves on the trees as they seem a bit out size, but then again they may look amazing with snow on them. I think the explosion is a neat idea but I think you maybe right about cutting it into smaller strips. It looks great at the base but loses a bit toward the top in my opinion, but I'm no authority on explosions! The composition and the finish of the base is quality. Well done mate it's gonna be a belter!

Cheers

Paul

R

rogue-one

thanks paul. glad you noticed the footprints. didn't know if they where noticable. i was thinking the same about the leaves, i started cutting a few then like yourself, thought the snow would look nice and thick on them if i left some. as for the explosion, it'll take a few attempts.

R

rogue-one

hi people. just a wee post to say that i've stuck a larger pic of my avatar photo onto my gallery if anyone did actually wonder what it was, that and i was gonna change it soon.

p.s. my pics are big!?! if someone did this, thanks very much, thats much better.

Last edited:
N

noble

Bobby mate this is coming on a treat, i've got to say i haven't started my dio yet still adding the finishing touches to the 8 -rad in between that and airbrush lessons for carrie my wife i haven't had time, Keep up the good work mate.

scott

F

Fenlander

Good to see that Carrie is taking time to show you how to use an airbrush Scott :music_whistling:

R

rogue-one

KV-1 tank in progress.

hi there folks. i've been having fun getting used to my airbrush and spending time getting stuck into my diorama base. gonna need to give the place a good hoover, i've got grass, snow, dirt, stones and twigs everywhere. lol. still a good bit to do but getting there. for now tho, i've gave my kv-1 tank the first part of its paint job, just all i can do with the airbrush.dark olive and grass green with a bit of brown dusting in areas. next, i'll give it a lacquer then start to weather it.

View attachment 25776

View attachment 25777

CIMG1974.jpg

CIMG1972.jpg

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Bobby, that's great work on the KV! Nice variation in tone for what could otherwise be quite a dull paint scheme. You seem to have mastered the AB first time round, well done!

Paul

R

rogue-one

Finished KV-1 tank.

hi there people. had a few free days to get stuck into my kv-1 tank and now i think thats it, finished. it's best i can do. almost had a disaster, i picked up householed gloss varnish spray instead of my model spray and covered the tank, straight away i realised it was to thick and glossy and i though i'd ruined it, but after continuing with the weathering i think things turned out ok. here's a few pics.

View attachment 25902

View attachment 25903

View attachment 25904

View attachment 25905

View attachment 25906

View attachment 25907

View attachment 25908

CIMG1978.jpg

CIMG1979.jpg

CIMG1981.jpg

CIMG1986.jpg

CIMG1988.jpg

CIMG1976.jpg

CIMG1977.jpg

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Spot on Bobby, I do like to see a well used Tank.

You have this tank looking just right, not over weathered, great job.

The tank tracks? Couldn't be better for your diorama. Just churn up the track a bit to show a bit of mud, plonk this beaut' on and it will be summat else!

Well done,

Ron

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Bobby

I've been really busy with work recently and haven't had much chance to catch up with the builds so apologies.

Dude, that is a great finish to the KV, excellent! You must be very (and quite rightly) pleased with the result. I'm now looking forward to seeing everything coming together!

All the best

Paul

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
That's a real smasher Bobby! One to be proud of.

Gern

B

backonthecase

Nice one chap - that's a hell of a scene you got there! Very nicely done, it captures the desperation very well and all the details are there. Your figure painting really is the dug's danglies as well! Very very nice Bobby!

Stuart

N

noble

very nice work indeed bobby lovely action scene very nice work on the figures love it.

scott

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Bobby, this is that good you can smell the fear!

Cracking job and one to be proud of. Well done.

Cheers,

Ron