SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
That's a beauty! Very nicely done.
Cheers
Steve

J

John Rixon

Love it, the underside is particularly awesome, and I intend to use it to help me weather the underside of my little one! Weathering all over is spot on, one last question, what did you use for antenna wire?

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Love it, the underside is particularly awesome, and I intend to use it to help me weather the underside of my little one! Weathering all over is spot on, one last question, what did you use for antenna wire?
EZ Line John. It’s stretches and that really helps get the tension in the wire.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
First class result barry especially when you consider the drama with the wing , cheers tony

T

Tony

Very impressed with your painting skills. This looks so realistic and for this aircraft i really like your choice of finish.

I have never liked the overall dark blue finish so have never made one of these but seeing your excellent example that may well change.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Great build Barry, and a scheme I don't I've seen much, if at all. As one of the Tony's above says, they all seem to be blue. Nice idea doing something different.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Great result Barry. I fancy one of those some day.

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Thanks for your comments everyone.

This really is a superb kit and I cannot fault it. Any problems I had were all of my own making.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Beautiful build Barry. The Corsair looks good in the FAA scheme.

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
A post-script to this build. This morning I picked the model up by its wing, unfortunately the ‘wrong one’ where the spar had broken during the build giving me all the problems, anyway it broke off again and fell to the floor sheering off a wheel leg, a prop blade etc causing too much damage to get a good repair so it’s now in the bin. At least I had the pleasure of the build and it held together long enough to get the pics.