fairy huntsman

L

link43mk

hi my name is paul and i am new to this forum so hi to everyone.

i am looking for a set of plans for the deck and cabin of a fairy huntsman any help please

B

Bunkerbarge

Hi Paul,

Welcome to the forum. Firstly try Model Boats magazine website who keep a lot of plans in stock. Unfortunately at this moment thier site seems to be having problems but if you send John Cundell an e-mail he is always very willing to help They are at:http://www.modelboats.co.uk/.

Another major source of all sorts of old boat plans are at:http://www.xlistplans.demon.co.uk/ They keep vast stocks of old plans but there will be a delay as they copy to order. There are not many plans that they have't got though.

If you can't get what you want from one of these sources then I will be very suprised.

K

Kiwi

How close is that to a Fairey Swordsman? I have plans of the swordsman.

R

radio modeller

Hope this might help

I am in the process of building a Fairy Huntsman. I'm building it from scratch. The plans I am using were taken from a book by Uffa Fox, called Seamanlike sense in Power craft. It's out of print now, but if you go to the library you could request a copy. That's where I got my plans from. It has the plans/hull profile of a Huntsman called "John Peel". Failing that try looking at the Fairy Huntsman owners club web site. I contacted them about the boat i was building and they sent me loads of great photo's of real and model boats owned by their various memebers.

Last edited:
B

Bluewavestudios

Hi Paul and welcome to the site from me too.

The Fairey Huntsman was and still is a popular choice of model and plans for same can be found here: Fairey Huntsman MM680 - Only £9.95 - My Hobby Store

This will build into a nice size model and the price for the plans is reasonable too at £9.95

Regards.......Mark

M

michael graham

fairey huntsman 34"

hi paul ,i am new to this forum as well but i think i have found where you can buy the huntsman .its made by a company called anglia model shop i hope that you can get what you want from them .

mick

T

trevradiohead

HELP HELP HELP CAN ANYONE PROVIDE ME WITH A TEMPLATE FOR THE TOP WIND SHIELD ON THE HUNTSMAN 34 AS I AM HAVING GREAT DIFICULTY REPLICATING ONE PLEASEPLEASE AM DESPERATE trevradiohead@live.com

W

Westquay

Hi, great to hear all these guys building a classic powerboat like the Huntsman.

See my new thread about such craft.

Trevradiohead, PM me and I could talk you through how to make a template for your windscreen. I've done several wrap-arounds for Rivas so the Huntsman shouldn't be too difficult.

Cheers,

Westquay