Fallen Armor Junkyard Diorama

First Name
Charles
Bone Yard

Bone Yard, is the Second and final version of the 'Fallen Armor' dio I've been working on. I decided to scrap the older version due to it's size. I decided I wanted something more compact. So here it is. Nothing new except the container has been repainted and chipped. Altered some parts on the vehicles and added some stuff but otherwise, the theme is the same. The name has also been changed to what it was meant to be called in the first place.

View attachment 33276

View attachment 33277

View attachment 33278

View attachment 33279

View attachment 33280

View attachment 33281

View attachment 33282

byard3.jpg

byard6.jpg

byard5.jpg

byard4.jpg

byard7.jpg

byard2.jpg

byard.jpg

D

dead-mans-click

This is a brilliant Dio. How did you get such a good finish on the green tarp on the flat bed. Mine never work out how I want it to. Some help would be brill, and it's good to see modern stuff to. Oh and where did you get the drops flatbed from?

Lewis

First Name
Charles
\ said:
This is a brilliant Dio. How did you get such a good finish on the green tarp on the flat bed. Mine never work out how I want it to. Some help would be brill, and it's good to see modern stuff to. Oh and where did you get the drops flatbed from?Lewis
The flatbed was scratch built. The green tarp is kitchen paper towel sprayed first with green paint from the can then it was sprayed with water. That simple. ;)

D

dead-mans-click

Sorry for getting back a little late, I've been away for a week.

I didn't realise it was that simple, I shall give it ago and see how it turns out, can you tell me what tissue/kitchen roll you used please

First Name
Charles
\ said:
Sorry for getting back a little late, I've been away for a week. I didn't realise it was that simple, I shall give it ago and see how it turns out, can you tell me what tissue/kitchen roll you used please
Not too sure. My guess is to just try a brand and see if it works for you. Honestly speaking, I do not think the brand matters. Just get one without any patterns on it.

D

dead-mans-click

Cool. I went shopping today and i could not find a single pack of kitchen roll without the pattern on it. aaaarrrgggghhhh...

D

dead-mans-click

Il try it next time, but spraying it first with paints because i tried the glue method first last time and its a right pain in the arse lol

First Name
Charles
\ said:
Il try it next time, but spraying it first with paints because i tried the glue method first last time and its a right pain in the arse lol
That's why I never soak it in glue. I always wait nd then just glue in place or better yet, just spray water as it forms then just let it dry in place. That's what I do and if I need to remove it for any reason, it's easy as just pulling it off.