Fields of Glory

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Hi guys.

I can't stand it! I'm looking at all the amazing things you guys got planned for this GB and can't just submit what I'd got planned 'cos it's too simple. I got me an idea for a diorama and I've got most of what I need but I want to expand it by adding a ruined building. I'm looking to buy one made by a company called Fields of Glory which is made of plaster.

Has anyone else used this company and are their kits any good?

Gern

I'll be posting the details next week sometime. I've got a lot to do to finish off my job for the end of the academic year so I haven't got much free time 'til then.

F

Fenlander

There is nothing too simple Dave, a single figure well done on a small base (as per the superb figure posted by David "Plastickitbasher") would be more than welcome. I did think of doing a burning tyre rolling down a small bank....... must stop listening to Meatloaf.

B

bikerbart

Hiya Dave, afraid i have not heard of the company...but just wanted to say....im chuffed ta bits your ganna be in the GB...all the best mate, Martin :smiling:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Hi Graham,

I think 'too simple' was a poor choice of words. I'm OK with doing a simple build for the purposes of meeting the GB requirements. Seeing how far some of you guys are going 'outside your comfort zone' though, reminded me that I too should be trying to stretch myself and develop my skills - and my idea wasn't offering me enough of a challenge from the build point of view. This is the ideal place to do that 'cos of the support available if I bite off more than I can chew or run into problems I can't solve.

Adding a ruined building hopefully shouldn't spoil the idea of my build, I just want to create a sort of backdrop to my scene.

Gern

PS Nothing wrong with Meatloaf - in small doses! I prefer Runrig though!

P

Plastickitbasher

Keep it simple sometimes less is more, give viewer a starting point and let them do the rest.

F

Fenlander

Keep it simple sometimes less is more, give viewer a starting point and let them do the rest
Wise words indeed. This is to be adopted as the Summer 2010 GB Mantra.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Dave, don't spoil it by making it too complicated and complex.

It is so easy to get carried away, that can lead to problems and disappointment.............Keep it simple, as planned !!

It's the immediate impact that counts, not the size, or what's crammed on the dio.

Can I suggest you post a picture of the ruined house kit, and that's all?

It is within the rules to add bits as you go along, isn't it?

I'm still thinking through the G.B., so it will possibly be some weeks, even months before 'owt happens!

Ron

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Thanks everyone. You're right. I'm gonna stick to my original idea. I can always use the left over bits I have for another diorama involving a ruin - maybe even in the same GB.

I could still do with knowing if these FoG models are any good though!

Gern

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Hi Ron,

I've just tried to send a PM but I'm having problems with my folders being full. Did you receive anything?

Gern

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
Hi Ron,I've just tried to send a PM but I'm having problems with my folders being full. Did you receive anything?

Gern
Nothing yet mate..(8am)

Ron