Finished Kursk Diorama (Cross of Iron GB)

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I thought your tank was outstanding as a stand alone model when you posted some piccies of it but this whole ensemble makes the most superb diorama. I can't really add to what the chaps above have said. I'd just like to add my own congratulations on a truly stunning piece of work,three and a half months well spent!

Cheers

Steve

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks Steve

The kits were fabulous - the T34 from AFV Club is real quality and the Master Box figures are excellent with some great poses (even before modification). It was good fun doing this dio but I'm glad to bring it to a close.

The next project is probably more up your street - the 1/32 aircraft 'Face-offs' I mentioned a little while ago (already made a sneaky start on the cockpit!).

Thanks again for the comments

All the best

Paul

R

rogue-one

WOW!! paul! worth the wait. it's a fantastic build. such a realistic scene. so many little details. i've spent a good hour looking at the fliks. the photo's there selfs are great too. i love the tank and the burnt out detail is very realistic, almost like a pic of a real burnt out tank. the trench looks so battle torn and grimmey. and i still love the wee guy at the end on his knees, great stuff. a well deserved 5 stars from me. now, i'm away back to look at the fliks :smiling3:

P

phalinmegob

fantastic , i hope ,one day that i can acheive something half as good

N

noble

Paul mate i've just seen this and you have the big five from me to this is outstanding work, was wondering when you were going to get around to finishing it.

scott

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Bobby, Andrew and Scott

Thanks for the kind comments. I actually finished this mid-November! Don't worry though, as I know it's very difficult to keep up with everything on the site and things can be easily missed.

Here's hoping you all had great Xmases (I know I did) and you're looking forward to the New Year!

Cheers

Paul

B

beany151067

excellent bit of work that,i hope some of mine will turn out that good.

rob.....

F

Fenlander

This is the build that made me nervous about posting my T34/85..... This is how it should be done.

slupanter

SMF Supporter
First Name
Alexander
Wow I love the burnt earth around the tank and the detail is fantastic. My I be cheeky and ask your a photo of the guy covering this face please?

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks Rob, Graham, Alexander. I'm just sorry I won't be able to take part in the Normandy build.

Alexander, the guy covering his face is in the 11th picture

Cheers

Paul

I

It'sAllGoneHorriblyWrong

Nice. I especially like the animation of the figures - there's a real sense of their advancing over the trench.

Andy

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
and people mock us for doing models there arent many people out there who could do what youve done bud my hat comes off to you

top marks!!!!!!

geegad

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I have missed this one! I think that some Security programs knock out the "new post" markers I have seen it a lot where loads of new things go by note noticed. These days I tend to look at the time stamp of the last post.

Anyway!

Paul this is a spectacularly good Diorama. That tank is without doubt one of in not the best burnt out tanks I have seen on here. Very well made and painted.

All that work on the figures has also given full return. The painted camo on the German uniforms is way beyond me how any thing that small can be painted so well!!!!

I know you have them already but five big shiny brass stars from me as well!

Ian M

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks Andy, Ian, Geegad.

it's some time since I completed this but your comments are much appreciated.

Cheers

Paul