Finished M2A1

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi all,
I am now calling this finished. The figures are now in place, they are pretty much out of the box not mini arts greatest offerings but then I'm not the greatest figure painter, the only additions were the slings made from foil. The figures do come with some useful news papers, magazines and playing cards some of which I have used the only other addition was a packet of smokes and a lighter.
I took the pictures outside so hopefully the natural light works better the vehicle is fixed in place yet as still playing around with its final position.
Thank you for sticking with it and the support along the way it means a great deal to have supportive comments from some very fine modellers.

So here it is please say what you think.

DSCF1575.JPGDSCF1576.JPGDSCF1577.JPGDSCF1578.JPGDSCF1579.JPGDSCF1580.JPGDSCF1581.JPGDSCF1582.JPG

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
What is there not to like Scottie! It's all happening in such a small space. I have thoroughly enjoyed watching this dio come together. You rightly deserve all the wonderful comments you are going to get for building such a spectacular model. Its been a real joy to watch. Well done mate:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
This is a winner in every respect. Enjoyed following the build from the beginning. You should be very proud of what you have achieved.
Jim

D

Deleted member 6559

A masterpiece Scottie and definitely nothing wrong with those figures - they're superb. I've thoroughly enjoyed watching this one come together.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I thought the figs were weak in heads & hands, so you did the best you could with finishes & gear, which are excellent. I know how bad feelings about poor figs can put you off the whole project, but the rest is just so, so good. My personal view would put a fig on radio watch in the track as at least a platoon leader would be nearby, probably inside the bakery with his second. Radios in WWII US Army were associated with leadership, so not in every track, but it could be busted. Just my mutterings over morning coffee. PaulE

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
What is there not to like Scottie! It's all happening in such a small space. I have thoroughly enjoyed watching this dio come together. You rightly deserve all the wonderful comments you are going to get for building such a spectacular model. Its been a real joy to watch. Well done mate:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

Steve,
Wow I am blown away with your response to this thank you very much and I am so glad you enjoyed the build and the end result.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Scottie
This is a winner in every respect. Enjoyed following the build from the beginning. You should be very proud of what you have achieved.
Jim

Jim,
I am so glad you like it and thanks for staying with it and the encouragement along the way.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
A masterpiece Scottie and definitely nothing wrong with those figures - they're superb. I've thoroughly enjoyed watching this one come together.
Peter,
Thank you my friend I will take the compliment on the figures but I am a million miles off your skill but I will keep at it.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I thought the figs were weak in heads & hands, so you did the best you could with finishes & gear, which are excellent. I know how bad feelings about poor figs can put you off the whole project, but the rest is just so, so good. My personal view would put a fig on radio watch in the track as at least a platoon leader would be nearby, probably inside the bakery with his second. Radios in WWII US Army were associated with leadership, so not in every track, but it could be busted. Just my mutterings over morning coffee. PaulE

Paul,
I agree with you entirely about the figures. I have a hand radio set somewhere in the spares so I will place it next to the seated figure who is a sergeant so he can be on listening watch. Thanks for the input along the way I'm glad you stayed with it.

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
WONDERFUL Paul .... the atmosphere is really realistic... and very natural... if i can give you a suggestion i would add a bit more pigments on the Halftrack to make it more dusty... for the rest everything is superb...

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
WONDERFUL Paul .... the atmosphere is really realistic... and very natural... if i can give you a suggestion i would add a bit more pigments on the Halftrack to make it more dusty... for the rest everything is superb...
Greg,
Thanks mate really glad you like it. Your right I will have a look at a bit more dust

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Absolutely Beautiful! A nice execution on this build Paul! You should be very proud of yourself you deserve it. Going to miss following this build. Lee

Reactions: JR

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Paul,
I agree with you entirely about the figures. I have a hand radio set somewhere in the spares so I will place it next to the seated figure who is a sergeant so he can be on listening watch. Thanks for the input along the way I'm glad you stayed with it.
If I remember correctly every halftrack had a radio.. the leader had more... i think two.. one used with frequency in the platoon and the other Company/Regiment...

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Absolutely Beautiful! A nice execution on this build Paul! You should be very proud of yourself you deserve it. Going to miss following this build. Lee
Lee,
Thanks mate really appreciate the comments and it was a pleasure to have you along for the ride

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Any time my friend now I’ve got the half track fever after following your thread. I’m thinking about doing another 1/72 Autocar half track. What’s next in your list can’t wait to see.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Any time my friend now I’ve got the half track fever after following your thread. I’m thinking about doing another 1/72 Autocar half track. What’s next in your list can’t wait to see.
Would love to see an Autocar half track that would certainly be something different. Not sure what me next build is as I'm not a modeller with a huge stash. In fact I only have two lol so may buy myself something any suggestions lol

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Paul
Autocar, White, International, GMC basically look the same as yours it was just who made them for the war at what factory.

Last edited:

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Superb result Scottie, like the others really enjoyed watching this one coming together.
One to be proud of.:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

What's next?