Finished M2A1

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I would like to thank everybody for the support and comments during this build. Seeing the great work of some very fine modellers on here pushes me to up my game, and slowly I am learning.

bazers

SMF Supporter
First Name
barry
Great work ,great composition great painting I always put my builds into a dio and I can't see nowt wrong with this.:thumb2:

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Well you wanted to know what I thought was wrong with your finished model, and I will not hold back in telling the truth - IT'S NOT IN MY COLLECTION :crying: . Fantastic job, a credit to you and you have shown us how it can be done, plus we can learn from what you have constructed. :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:.
Cheers, Mike.

Reactions: JR

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks Barry,
I try to put them all in a scene as well, trouble is I am running out of space.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Well you wanted to know what I thought was wrong with your finished model, and I will not hold back in telling the truth - IT'S NOT IN MY COLLECTION :crying: . Fantastic job, a credit to you and you have shown us how it can be done, plus we can learn from what you have constructed. :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:.
Cheers, Mike.

Mike,
Thank you very much indeed I am blown away by your comments.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Sorry for the late post Paul.

This is class work and no mistake! So much to look at.
Top marks....

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Just had another look Paul and I see you have added some leaves. Very effective indeed. Wonderful to recap on your build:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Just had another look Paul and I see you have added some leaves. Very effective indeed. Wonderful to recap on your build:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:
Hi Steve,
Yes mate I removed the original leaves that were paper and very thick for some real leaf cut with one of my punches, and added some more.

B

Brad9826

Nice one Scottie, makes me want to drag my m3a1 out of the stash,:thumb2::thumb2:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Wonderful Scottie. I was back of the line waiting to get a glimps of the finished dio...got there and wasn't dissappointed. The figures are the same I used for Watchout GI and they do need a bit of work to bring up to par and you have done them well. I was quite happy with mine. I featured that WIP in the last forum and might just do it here for the new/old guys.

Well planned...most would have compo the dio with the figures in the foreground but you have chosen the military way by surrounding them with cover with the M21 blocking the exposed front.

I hear you're doing a new dio with sand as the main theme...so am I...coincedence? :thinking: We can trade ideas.

You deserve all the accolade the guys are giving you. :thumb2:

Cheers,
Richard

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Paul.
That little piece of paper in the gutter is such a great piece of detail. To me these little details take a good model to a great model. A small thing maybe but so important.
Those leaves, do they fade, or do you treat them in glycerine first, like my seagrass is. I ask this because we could collect leaves at anytime of the year, treat them and use accordingly on dios. Such as fresh leaves being ripped from a tree by passing armour.
John.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Paul.
That little piece of paper in the gutter is such a great piece of detail. To me these little details take a good model to a great model. A small thing maybe but so important.
Those leaves, do they fade, or do you treat them in glycerine first, like my seagrass is. I ask this because we could collect leaves at anytime of the year, treat them and use accordingly on dios. Such as fresh leaves being ripped from a tree by passing armour.
John.

John,
Thanks mate I was going to add some more paper and rubbish then I decided against it. As to the leaves I didn't soak them in Glycerine first as I do with greenery. Not sure how long they will last but they are sealed in a matt coat so hopefully it will be a while. Ones I have used previously still seem to be ok.