Finished: Tamiya Lancaster.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Finally done. Build is here http://www.scale-models.co.uk/planes-helicopters/16905-tamiyas-lancaster-build.html.

It's a big beast,an old kit and the only game in town if you want a big Lancaster. I do think that it is ludicrously over priced for a 35+ year old mold.

Anyways here's some piccies.

And some I did before I rearranged my little studio in order to get far enough away to get the whole thing in. Did I mention my photographic ineptitude?

Having seen the photos I've now unmasked the bomb aimers windows and straightened up the top turret :smiling3:

Cheers

Steve

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
that looks fantastic I would love to build one but sadly I don't have the room for it which is quite annoying because seeing those pictures just make me want one even more.lol

M

Mustang69

It looks great. And you not shy with the focus on the photos. They really show the finer details and how good it came out. The back ground too is a great idea. Gonna try one myself in the future. Well done!

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Terrific result Steve, and the backdrop finishes it off perfectly. I don't know much about Lancasters, but this is one really nice model aircraft, and that will do me nicely......

Well done. 5*

Ron

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Up to your usual high standards Steve. I'll add my ***** too.

Gern

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Beautiful job steve , loving the background too. I know what you mean about trying to get good pics of a large model , its beyond me too!! anyways , 5 star job , cheers tony

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Top score from me as well. I'm sooooooo tempted but as you point out, not cheap for an old tool. Surly it mus tof paid for its self by now!

A great build Steve and do you know what, the photos aint bad either :tongue-out3:

Ian M

M

mobear

I`m sayin nothin lol,its beautiful mate 5*s from me

mobear

C

Cooperman69

A fantastic job Steve!! Lovely detail. 5*

What mix did you use for the black undersides? It's got a nice shade to it and looks very much in scale.

Colin.

C

CDW

\ said:
I do think that it is ludicrously over priced for a 35+ year old mold.
Looks nice when you know what you're doing though eh :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

It's the doggies dangly bits mate ... i couldn't come close to this.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Very nice Steve. She still scrubs up well for a 35 year old.

T

treyzx10r

Yet another great looking build Steve,and for an old molding even more impressive!

A

andyrobs

Morning steve, cracking build mate, top notch, and a big 5 stars from me

Cheers, Andrew

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Thanks for the nice comments chaps.

Now there was a question somewhere in there from Colin about the underside colour. I used White Ensign's "Night" which I like a lot. It has a built in "blueness" which means I don't find myself jumping through hoops trying to make the black less black if you know what I mean. I think I probably post shaded with a lightened version,simply with a drop or two of white in the paint cup,as well.

Cheers

Steve

T

tecdes

Nice bit of finished work & detailing Steve. Nice to see the rigging so many models are rigging neglected. Think they just give that more realistic workmanlike look.

Like that back drop scene not seen that one. Could you let me know who does that Steve & also the runway finish ? Got to get another shelf kitted out these 1/48 are space eaters.

Laurie

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
The backscene is one (or two) of the Peco ones. A railway modeller put me on to them. He's since shown me some which come in bigger continuous lengths by Gaugemaster which I will look at as the join is hard to hide. I only stick them up temporarily and then roll them up to save space.

The "concrete" is a very thin skim of grey tile grout which I found in the shed. It's the type you mix with water and must have been left by the builders who built my "studio". Very useful! It looks quite concrete like when dry and will take tyre marks or oil stains okay.

Cheers

Steve

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Another great build Steve. I especially like the closeup shots.

Vaughan