Finished: Tamiya Lancaster.

C

Caledonia

Stunning build and paint job as always Steve. Add my 5 Star to your collection. Cheers Derek

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
A little late Steve but a beautiful build there mate, big five.

Have fun, John

I

ian lanc

Where have I been? :emo6:

Even though its an old kit Steve, in capable hands they turn out rather fine looking models

and you only set other modellers off wanting another one then another and another...lol

The back drop really sets the old gal' off.

Ian.

C

cryton 5

hi steve love the build so realistic ,i completed one a while back ,i found the history of these great plane's there part and the crew's who flew them hero's in my eye's look forward too completeing

my russian tank slow build due too health issue's regard's cry ! ;)

P

Plastickitbasher

Stunning, great build, five large stars from me.

As I have one in the stash what are they like to build?

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
As I have one in the stash what are they like to build?
They go together nicely. I remember a little bit of messing about with the engine nacelles, but that was about it.

Cheers

Steve

D

dead-mans-click

Wow, that's brilliant. I daren't start mine now as it will look 1/10 yours. Hats off

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
Wow, that's brilliant. I daren't start mine now as it will look 1/10 yours. Hats off
Naaaaah, I don't believe it. Give it a go, it makes a nice big model. The main problem will be working out where to put it !

Cheers

Steve

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
A stunning Lanc there Steve, first class finish and I just love the nose art....

Big? Problem, putting it somewhere...... You wont be doing the HKM 32 scale Lanc supposed to be out in November then?????

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That sure make a very good argument for getting one of those Steve, excellent work.

Ian M

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
You wont be doing the HKM 32 scale Lanc supposed to be out in November then?????
I am tempted but it is very expensive and the problem remains......where on earth do you put the completed model?

Cheers

Steve

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Yes, it is very tempting that one - but it does come with a wall bracket (like the B17) to help fix it to the wall making the display a lot more practical. In have a big bench so build space is not an issue though it still would not be easy. I keep looking at my walls and thinking how much better a big Lanc would be than wallpaper or plain boring old paint.... I have managed to resist the B17 but will I be able to hold out against this other monster in November - I wonder....

T

tecdes

So right Steve. Building a Lansander & my first & last 1/32. They are enormous.

Laurie

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
So right Steve. Building a Lansander & my first & last 1/32. They are enormous.Laurie
Well, a Lancaster or B-17 will be very large by any standards. A 100' plus wingspan translates into..... errrrr........a lot of centimetres.

"Normal" 1/32 scale fighters are not unfeasibly large and can easily be made on the average table that most of us have serving as a workbench. Even medium bombers like the Revell Ju 88 and He 111 are quite manageable.

It's a scale I like though I do dabble in 1/72. Oddly I rarely build 1/48, the last one was a Sea Fury, years ago, and that was for someone else!

Cheers

Steve

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
\ said:
So right Steve. Building a Lansander & my first & last 1/32. They are enormous.Laurie
Thats funny Laurie - I was looking at a completed 1/72 in Rye the other day and thought how tiny it looks!!!!

I suppose it is what we get used to.

I thought the Bf109 was a small aircraft while building it in 1/32 and, sat side by side with a FW190 and near a P51, it still looks small to me!!!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Although a 1/32 Lanc would be a fantastic piece, I am still struggling with the idea of one in 1/48. I could probably fine room for one, but I must admit I am more tempted with the new 1/72 scale ones from Airfix.

Ian M

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
I thought the Bf109 was a small aircraft while building it in 1/32 and, sat side by side with a FW190 and near a P51, it still looks small to me!!!
It is small....very small!

Cheers

Steve