Firefly dans le Bocage complete

A

andygh

I completed the veneer and varnish on Tuesday, since then I've been waiting for some daylight to take a few photos

I hope my techniques have improved since my last dio thanks to the inspiration of so many on this forum, it's very difficult to judge your own stuff I find. I really enjoyed this build anyhow

Incidentally, while researching stuff for this GB I've learned quite a bit about D-Day and it's aftermath, very interesting stuff, though extremely sobering

Looking forward to the next GB now, staying military but a different era this time

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Great work Andy. The ground work and finishing are top drawer.

5 stars from me :biggthumpup:

Cheers

Paul

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Very nice indeed Andy. Good composition, photography and a very neat base surround.

I like all the stash on the Sherman.

All in all a great diorama, well done.

Big 5 all the way....

Ron

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Top result Andy that is really a nice dio. Great base with lots to take in and yet it does not distract from the stars of the show!

Five stars for a very good bit of work.

Ian M

F

Fenlander

Every time I see a diorama like this, I realise even more why I do not do them. The way you have created the 3D landscape is really stunning. I may be able to copy but I do not have the artistic foresight to create something of this amazing standard.

N

noble

Andy fantastic bit of work mate from the painting and weathering of the sherman to the detail of the figures, you dio is top notch the tree and bushes are the dogs well done another five from me.

scott

A

andygh

Thanks for the very welcome kind words chaps, it's a spur to try even harder next time, although the next one will be 1/35 scale so that should be interesting (and big)

Every time I see a diorama like this, I realise even more why I do not do them. The way you have created the 3D landscape is really stunning. I may be able to copy but I do not have the artistic foresight to create something of this amazing standard.
To be honest Graham I kind of just make it up as I go along with a fairly vague idea as to what I'm going to end up with

A question Andy how did you make the tree and bushes?
Scott, the larger one is a bunch of twisted wire coated in polyfilla mixed with PVA & paint, I spread fibre on the ends of the branches, sprayed it with glue and scattered fine ground foam all over it then sprayed it with a couple of different green colours. The smaller one is seamoss cut to shape, glued and a different scatter material thrown on, again spray painted

If you look for "wire trees" on Youtube you'll get an idea of what I'm attempting

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
You are quite right Andy about only having a fairly vague idea of the end result. I work in exactly the same way with my dios.

That way you don't keep to a plan but let it flow. That's when the ideas, add ons and alterations start to come into the picture.

Here's to your next one. Any thoughts?

Ron

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Another smashing little dio! *****

Gern

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
Just caught up with this duo top marks on all counts it's a cracking dio bud especially the bike and biker keepThem coming Geegad