Firefly dans le Bocage

A

andygh

R

rogue-one

hey there andy. that looks like a great wee kit with some nice etching. welcome to the build.

F

Fenlander

Just got the brass from Fighting 48 myself. Was looking for the Crab conversion they did but it is no longer in production. Look forward to seeing this develop.

A

andygh

No, they don't seem to have any of their conversion kits at the moment :darn:

B

Bunkerbarge

Interesting to see solid tracks. I can see the reason for it from a manufacturers point of view but it does then limit your diorama opportunities as it basically has to be on a flat base. It will be interesting to see what you do with this when you put it on a base.

A

andygh

I'm sure it wouldn't be all that hard to get a bit of flex on the tracks if I wanted to, they're fairly thin at the joints. Alternatively I've got a vinyl set from a Hobbyboss kit that I think would do the trick if necessary

It will be interesting to see what you do with this when you put it on a base
I agree, I can't wait to find out what I've come up with either :lol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyhow, this is what my last Sherman came out like, not a great photo but you get the idea

Last edited:
A

andygh

A lot of catching up to do, I'm afraid I've been busy building instead of posting (probably a good thing you say?)

Some build photos

PICT0001_2_.JPG

PICT0038.JPG

Primer

PICT0025.JPG

Paint & weathering

PICT0052.JPG

PICT0057.JPG

S

Sky Raider

Top marks, that looks fantastic, very well done. cant wait to see the finished item.

Andy

A

andygh

Thanks for that Andy

This build seems to be going in fits & starts, bloomin' night shifts :sleepy:

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Fantastic dio Andy. I'm loving the country lane - very nice!

Looking forward t more pics of the finished diorama.

All the best

Paul

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Wow Andy! Thats looking very interesting. I do like that tree! Home grown or out of a box, It sure looks good.

Looking forwards to seeing the the whole scene.

Ian M

A

andygh

Cheers fellas

The tree's a home made effort, wire & polyfilla

Should be finished soon, just need to get a bit of veneer on it & tidy things up a bit

Here's anothe pic

K

k9pete

Very impressive i must say! As a new member with a keen interest in armour and diorama's it has certainly given me food for thought. The whole thing looks great but i'd just like to ask how you've made the grass so realistic i've been trying all sorts but nothing seems to look as good as yours

pete

F

Fenlander

This is looking really good Andy, really good indeed. Nice selection of figures to animate the scene and tons of detail. Dr Cranky would love the rusty corrugated iron in the hedgerow.

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Got to agree with everyone, very impressive work Andy. I can't just look at one thing as there is so much to see, i just wish i'd known there was all this PE when i did mine lol.

Can't wait to see it in all it's glory.

Have fun, John

S

Sky Raider

Wow, fantastic work. Everything is so spot on, a 5 star build mate.

Andy

A

andygh

Thanks once again for the kind comments chaps, it really gives one encouragement

Pete, the grass is my concoction of fibres ripped out of hanging basket liners with some Silflor tufts of various sizes & colours dotted around' plus a bit of ground cover scatter here and there. I muck around with it all until it starts to resemble something vaguely foliage-like

Incidentally, the scatter under the hedgerows is the lovely mixture called "forest in a pot" which I bought from Realityinscale, a company in the Netherlands. I took out most of the larger "lumps" as they didn't fit in with 1/48 scale so well and the resin toadstools will have to wait for a 1/35 diorama too....... (Hmm, that's just given me an idea for the next GB)

Anyhow, I'm just waiting to get my hands on some veneer to finish off the edges of the base and I'll take a few more photo's for the GB completed thread

K

k9pete

Thanks for the tip andy ripping my hanging baskets to bits as we speak and will definately look into realityscale

Pete