First Build in Years

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Very nice indeed Dave, is this airbrushed or stick painted?

Si:smiling3:

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Thanks; it's airbrushed mainly, with some hairy stick work for the details.

L

Laurie

Welcome back into the world of model making again Dave. The first of many models to come.

Lot to learn if you have been away for a time things have changed more products are available.

Good luck on your next one. Watch Barry's tuition article which he has just begun.

Laurie

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Thanks Laurie, things have changed a lot. I restarted figure painting (25mm) a couple of years ago. When I stopped it was all enamel paints, apart from the new Tamiya acrylics. I am watching Barry's article with baited breath.

P

Polux

Very nice and clean build!

Welcome back ;) just take a look on the forum, there are excellent modelers and very informative threads :smiling3:

Hope to see another of your models soon... :P

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Great little build Dave. The white/black underside is not easy to paint neatly, white being one of the worst colours to get right over a large area. You have nailed it.

D

dubster72

That's a really nice little Spitfire Dave! I've never seen that black & white underside before.

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Thanks for all the comments. This has to be one of the friendliest modelling sites around.

Another build is underway I have the Tamiya 1/72nd Mosquito NF Mk XIII / XVII on the bench at the moment.