First diorama completed

C

colprit

Hi All, WEll ITS FINISHED! My first diorama and I feel quite pleased with it over all. Still got lots to learn and must say a BIG THANK YOU to RON for all his advice on the river/stream and other bits and pieces. Here are the last photos of the dio hope you like it I would appreciate any comments and further advice as now I've got the bug to do another one. I've tried to show a rusian tank destroyer about to kill a tiger1 whilst hiding in some trees and bushes.

View attachment 26267

View attachment 26268

View attachment 26269

View attachment 26270

View attachment 26271

View attachment 26272

View attachment 26273

View attachment 26274

View attachment 26275

View attachment 26276

View attachment 26277

View attachment 26278

View attachment 26279

View attachment 26280

View attachment 26281

View attachment 26282

View attachment 26283

View attachment 26284

View attachment 26285

View attachment 26286

PIC_0004-3.jpg

PIC_0003-3.JPG

PIC_0007-1.jpg

PIC_0005-1.jpg

PIC_0010.jpg

PIC_0002.jpg

PIC_0002-3.JPG

PIC_0007-2.JPG

PIC_0006-2.JPG

PIC_0005-2.jpg

PIC_0004.jpg

PIC_0002-2.JPG

PIC_0010-1.jpg

PIC_0003.jpg

PIC_0003-2.JPG

PIC_0001-1.JPG

PIC_0011.jpg

PIC_0006-3.JPG

PIC_0007-3.JPG

PIC_0003-1.jpg

Last edited:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Good stuff Colin, nice to see the finished diorama..You have every right to be pleased with it.

An excellent composition, good balance and plenty going on.

A couple of suggestions, and that's all they are:-

Perhaps a coat of grey on the stonework of the bridge and a darker green on the grass?

It is good that you put your first attempt on the forum, many people would shy off anywhere else but not on here ' cos the help and advise you will receive is all well meant and not derrogatory or belittling...

What is more important is the obvious enjoyment you have had constructing your first dio. So much so you are straight in with another, great stuff!

You have an obvious talent that can only improve with each diorama you do.

Once again well done.

Ron

F

Fenlander

Nice one Colin, if I get my first one as good as yours I will be very happy. As Ron says, and he should know with the quality her turns out, you have an eye for a good layout and you are over the first hurdle. Keep at it mate, a cracking start and I really look forward to seeing the next.

C

colprit

Hi Guys, thanks for your wonderful comments. I really enjoyed the challenge of doing this but I will make a few changes next time, I wont be doing pape mache again over the ploystyrene board it took ages to dry. I saw on a thred on here somebody got some plaster from the pound shop, so I got some the other day and will try that.Ron what paint do you use for painting your scenic areas as I used my usual modelling paints (revel aqua) and that is quite exspensive. John the sTream you have to put down to a good teacher, our old mate Ron, who gave me excellent advice, thanks again mate the garden has a different aspect now I'm always looking at what I can use for the next dio.

Graham I'm sure you will do a cracking job when you do yours, if your models I've seen that you have done, are anything to go by. Thanks Richy for your comment to.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
That's a good start there Colin. Looking forward to the next one.

Gern

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks for the kind words Colin, I was only too happy to help and I am glad you are happy with your diorama.

I can't afford 'Fancy stuff', so I have to go for the cheapest option.

For stream beds and general painting of dios. I use ordinary water based shed paint, green, brown, black, (Around £6.00 for a 5ltr tin) or whatever I can find lying around in the shed!!

It is really up to the individual and their pocket which way they jump, but I just 'aint got the money to buy all the high tech paints....

Be careful mate, rooting in the garden can be very addictive!! lol

Here's to your next project..

Ron

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
but I just 'aint got the money to buy all the high tech paints.... Ron
That's 'cos you've obviously spent all your hard earned pennies on your new high tech specs!

Gern

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Yo Dave, look mate it's 1.45am, my nurse is out for the night, and I should be tucked up in bed, if she knows I'm up..

Look out she's just come in, I gotta go 'cos she will only come at me with that big needle again, the one that puts me to............................

R

rogue-one

this looks great. very nice job. catching them on the bridge, always a good place to hit them.

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Sorry i've missed this one Colin, cracking build matey.

Have fun, John

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Well done colin, i hope this is the first of many! cheers tony