First ship - Thoughts?

What colour should the front railings be?

• Total voters
D

DanDonde

Please excuse for my absence. Our little girl was born at the start of January and then I decided to build a bespoke desk in my modelling roomso I've been a bit pre-occupied! (link to video of the desk build -
)

Anyway, here are some recent pictures of this build. I have also run into an issue. Now the three decks are together and the superstructure sides are in place the entire assembly has a bend in it. Now normally I can get around this but as it's fully assembled and painted I have backed myself into a corner. When I put the assembly onto the hull the two ends meet but the centre part stands a good 1cm clear. Its s solid that it requires a LOT of pressure to correct which I just can't see glue and clamping solving. Any ideas are very much appreciated!

Thanks and I'll update this post again soon.

Attachments

• IMG_7048.JPG
    IMG_7048.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_7445.JPG
    IMG_7445.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_7516.JPG
    IMG_7516.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_7519.JPG
    IMG_7519.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_7598.JPG
    IMG_7598.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_7600.JPG
    IMG_7600.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_7601.JPG
    IMG_7601.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 19
D

DanDonde

Hi there. Sorry for the big gap in updating! We had out little girl just after Christmas so I've been a little pre-occupied!

I have been making progress though but have run into an issue. The superstructure and the hull simply won't meet. The gap is around 1cm

I hope this picture link works https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nXTdYD3J7lHwby4o4w5SAMA7QZExRpCxwg

The force needed to make the two parts meets is a great deal. I can't see where I've gone wrong as the superstructure is perfectly level. Has anybody come across a similar issue at all? Any solutions?

D

DanDonde

Also, I have put a couple of progress videos up on YouTube if you'd like to see them :

1 -

2 -

3 -

D

DanDonde

Please excuse the lack of updates. New baby and busy time of year at work hasn't made it easy to put knif to plastic!

However,I have finished the Titanic. This is the link to the 4th and final build video on YouTube.

Please let me know what you all think!

Thank you

IMG_8007.JPG IMG_8008.JPG IMG_8009.JPG IMG_8014.JPG IMG_8016.JPG IMG_8007.JPG IMG_8008.JPG IMG_8009.JPG IMG_8014.JPG IMG_8016.JPG

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well first of all congratulations on the baby girl.
As for this grand old lady, first ship or not you have made a great job of it.
I must confess I prefer the still photos over the videos, partly as there is more time to take them in and it keeps people "on site" if you know what I'm saying.

Great build and good fix with that gap!

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Love the detail work!!:cool::cool:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Great build of an iconic ship. Very nice indeed.