Flexible or angled Diamond Files?

First Name
Alex
Hi Folks

I'm trying to find out if anyone knows of any kind of diamond file that is flexible, for getting around corners or angled parts of a model kit?

Most of the stuff I have to file down is on a flat surface but sometimes parts can be difficult to reach.

I tried bending a cheap diamond file before so it sits at a right angle but the metal isn't the best quality and it nearly snapped. I know the obvious answer is to use coarse sandpaper but it's difficult to get that attached to a handle

I did a basic sketch of the kind of thing I'm looking for, see below

All suggestions welcome

Untitled_uqjgjk.jpg

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Alex, if you google, you'll find a number of brands carry curved needle files. I found mine when visiting Japan. You wouldn't believe the number of tools available there.

Funny thing is I've always wanted a set of curved files but since getting them I have honestly yet to use them.

Cheers,
Richard

First Name
Alex
Thanks, I've found a few on Amazon I just wondered if there were any particularly good ones but, I guess they're all pretty much the same. I did find out you can get a Dremmel which has a long flexible rotary chuck extension which looks really handy.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Alex,
Take a look at gunsmithing sites and gunsmithing catalogues. I have seen curved files called "rifflers" in those publications. I think they are Swiss made so the quality should be TOPS .
Regards,
Rick H.

zuludog

SMF Supporter
Search Google for 'riffler files uk'
There are loads of references & suppliers, all sorts of shapes, sizes, & prices

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Another approach perhaps worth a look is Albion Alloys flexifile range of abrasives, particularly the Cut-n-trim or sanding needles range.....

First Name
Alex
Another approach perhaps worth a look is Albion Alloys flexifile range of abrasives, particularly the Cut-n-trim or sanding needles range.....

I've just checked out their site, they've got some great stuff on there