Floaty thing.

First Name
Andy
I got this cheapie off Ebay a while ago to practice building boats/ships, whatever you want to call it, but now I am not too sure if I can do it justice.
51261272857_c0aa45e02a_b.jpg
Should I bite the bullet, or put it back under the bench? it's up to the collective.

Andy.

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
had this in my stash for a few years............im the same as you....scared to start it and feck it up cos it does look a nice kit

D

Deleted member 5496

Weigh anchor, get underway & put her to the seawards. Sailor. Whoops apologies Captn. Andy.

Meet her as you go.

Laurie

Last edited by a moderator:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I did this ages ago, makes into a nice model, just take it slow as it can get fiddly. Cannot remember if there were any issues regarding the build, just remember it being a fiddly so and so.

Take the plunge (so to speak) Andy, and start it, if it gets too much, box back up for another day.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Go for it Andy. You know you want to. As you say it was "a cheapie from eBay" so not a lot to loose.
Jim
YES Andy show us what you are made of im sure you can do it justice as Jim said its only a bit of plastic an you must have confidence in yourself an plan ahead in the build an it will come on ok an you say it was only a cheapie so what is there to lose an the build would give us all enjoyment so you have a lot to gain hav'nt you i can understand if it was like my tiger costing thounds then yes it is a chance to take but you may enjoy it SO GO FOR IT I SAY an if you do THEN GOOD MAN as we hav'nt got many floaty things on here so another would be great
chris

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Carpe Jugulum. Go for it. If you don’t, then sell it and buy something you do want to build with the money…..if you put it back on the shelf you’ll probably feel the same the next time you pick it up.

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
As one that has two of these floating items under his bench in the shed, I cannot comment through lack of courage to actually start either one, but I can confirm that I have had the lid off the box a few times and even lifted the hull out for a look. So I say to you in all honesty, if you feel you can cope with the stress, then proceed, but if not just bury it in the stash and walk away quietly so as not to disturb it.
Mike.