FM MF....What!?

A

adamkijak

Is that one from Fine Molds?, i have one from AMT and i can see now how rubish it is. It looks very nice, only thing i am not sure is that red color plates, i think they should be more fade not so bright color. The rest, specially shot marks are very good.

S

Savvy

Hi adamkijak,

Yes mate this is the Fine Molds Falcon, it's expensive but worth every penny!

The weathering on this is as close to the original 36" prop as could possibly get it. Some of the techniques the ILM crew used are really quite basic when you look really close at prop. As for the red colour, this is very subjective as the more photo's you look at of the original the more it seems to vary.

You do get some very good photo's of the original in the box and the red seen on mine was matched to these!

Here's a few more in progress pic's.

Sav

L

levo

What a wonderfull model....i made one by my self years ago..but this one is perfect.

D

Deleted member 81

\ said:
Posted these around here before, but seeing as we now have a dedicated place to show pix i thought i'd post some more.Sav.
Very nice Sav, I took a dubbel take at first,"that ant'e no freaken sub" you do si-fi as well, cool! Glenn

S

Savvy

Thanks chaps,

I'm glad you like it, the weathering became bit of an obsession in the end!!

Glenn,

I build 1 model every couple of years or so and it has to be something a bit special. I used to do nothing but aircraft which in the end got a bit boring really. U-69 is the first naval vessel i've ever done, and i think it won't be my last after seeing pic's of Hasegawas new Nagato in 1:350 scale. Expensive it may be, but when you only build a kit every once in a while what the hell!

Sav.

D

Deleted member 81

\ said:
Thanks chaps,I'm glad you like it, the weathering became bit of an obsession in the end!!

Glenn,

I build 1 model every couple of years or so and it has to be something a bit special. I used to do nothing but aircraft which in the end got a bit boring really. U-69 is the first naval vessel i've ever done, and i think it won't be my last after seeing pic's of Hasegawas new Nagato in 1:350 scale. Expensive it may be, but when you only build a kit every once in a while what the hell!

Sav.
I want to see that kit! asap! Glenn

S

schweinhund227

Nice FM MF ! I finally got one for myself.... After working my butt off on the AMT... I kinda Gave up on her... She became a money pit !!! so I put her aside for a while... and decided that instead of making her into the Millennium Falcon, I might just paint her as another Freighter ! and keep the FM MF for later... What a beauty hey ??? Tones of parts... very well Engineered ! Costly ! but like you said ! Worth every penny !

once again.. NICE BUILD !! take care of her !