Fokker XXI

PaulTRose

Survivor
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
a quick build for a What if GB somewhere else

Kit is by PM Models....for those that done know PM are defunct company from Turkey.......quite low quality but did subjects no one else did

i picked this up a few years ago along with a few others for not a lot of money.....perfect whiff fodder!, especially since the decals are garbage

plan is to keep it simple.......it comes with skis and well as wheels, not sure which i will use yet, best looking ones i guess lol

plain green with Swiss markings i think

View attachment 106942

View attachment 106943

View attachment 106944

View attachment 106945

5non5g.jpg

ou87sl.jpg

t5luvb.jpg

ob0c5z.jpg

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Doesn't look too bad on the sprues Paul. Look forward to seeing the result :smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
will look forward to seeing this one you doing winter camo over the top ? ;)

P

Polux

Interesting subject.

The colour scheme on the art box looks very cool...I like it!

First Name
Dave
I wonder if this is the old Frog kit under a different name?.

PaulTRose

Survivor
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
\ said:
nope........PM Models were all original.....the guy who owned it died year before last, i did read someone has bought the tooling tho

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
\ said:
According to Scalemates it was first boxed by Pioneer2 Models in 1990, re-boxed in 1995 by Matchbox and again in the 2000s by PM Model. Pioneer2 was a British company but many of their kits were moulded in Turkey. It appears after the founder of PM Models passed away last year, the family decided to scrap all moulds, so there will not be any new PM kits.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/146584-pm-model-pm-201-fokker-d-xxi

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
No more pm kits that's a shame as I've built a couple of these myself and I like them. The box art on the fokker looks great looking forward to your progress

D

danntheman

\ said:
nope........PM Models were all original.....the guy who owned it died year before last, i did read someone has bought the tooling tho
have used a lot of pm kits, i like them, did you see my hawker sea fury on this forum

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

IT does seem to be an obscure Short run company, but the art looks nice. BTW, this is finnish. FInland bought tons of aricraft from germany during the war and between the wars. This included Bf 109s, Heinkels etc, but most notably, the BF 109G-6

John