Ford 3 litre GT

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
One of our ASDA stores had been clearing out their small model stock, this was the last kit and priced at £5. I’ve not built a car since school and couldn’t leave it sat on the shelf
76108122-2D0B-4B7B-9E22-741854CD5064.jpeg

Attachments

• 13F1F671-26CC-4DA1-B339-1FBE9D21E541.jpeg
    13F1F671-26CC-4DA1-B339-1FBE9D21E541.jpeg
    89.6 KB · Views: 12

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
I've never seen any kits in Asda.

Pete

Last edited:

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
This was the store on a retail park in Chesterfield. They used to have about a dozen mixed starter sets. The shop isn’t a food supermarket.

D

Deleted member 6559

Good find Mick. It seems that quite a few companies are letting go of Airfix. Our local Fenwicks had a concession in it's toy section, stocking the full range, that has now gone.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Well this is out of your comfort zone. Great to see you branching out with something different. Good luck mate

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nice . sorry to say we don't have an Asda. :disappointed:
John .

P

PWick

We have a few Asda stores north/central Bucks but no kits. I built one of these when they first produced them donkey's years ago!

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Work is still slowing proceedings but I have made a start, ordered some Vallejo Air paint but its completely the wrong red so Tamiya rattle can on order. Its a very basic kit but does look the part. The dashboard has decals for all the gauges but they don't fit the holes without some modification, they were sealed in place with pva as glass but you can hardly see them anyway. You will see from the pics that there is very little interior but I'm making up some seatbelts for the drivers seat. The silver parts need another coat as I'm actually brush painting :smiling3:
cockpit.jpg
I've fitted the single piece glass to the upper body which will be masked off for eventual spray painting of this.

upper.jpg

Next up is parts for the suspension which attach to the lower body, I noticed that the instructions for these four parts are printed incorrectly as the part numbers are wrong, easily spotted but one to look for if anyone else builds this kit :smiling2:
Instructions.jpgparts.jpg
That's all for now folks.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Good start Mick, the part numbering made me laugh...not even close is it :smiling5:
Si

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Mick.
Looks good, that glass looks very clean and nice in one part.
Nice to see quality control on the instructions is up to standard !
John.

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Thanks for looking in Gents. The quality control does continue on with the parts for the wheels and tyres, it's almost as though the people producing the sprues and the ones doing the instrucyions never actually got together at any point :smiling:. A bit more progress made during rest breaks from removing a bathroom, I really dislike 1:1 scale remodelling. This was supposed to be a straight oob construction, then on a bit of old film I noticed that the wheels on the model had been printed solid but on the real ones you could see through to the brake disc and calliper. Well it's only ten holes, shouldn't take too long :tears-of-joy: here's when I'd done two of them before clean up. all now done.
wheels.jpg

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nice Mick.:thumb2:
No doubt designed by a committee then. Should have had a few more meetings !

John.

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
I agree John, not something I've ever come across before with Airfix but since coming back to modelling I haven't built many.