Frustration over dodgy, very expensive, kit...

J

Jens Andrée

You got any other kits to crack on with while this try's to get resolved?
I've got another 10 started (most of them primed and ready for paint) and another 15-16 kits in the stash, and another 8 incoming so me not modelling is certainly not a lack of kits ;)

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Unless something happens I won't post anything more in this thread either because nobody's reading it anyway. Perhaps most modellers don't care about quality?
Jens, I'm sure plenty are reading your thread, but there's not much we can say, and there's nothing to "like".

Pete

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Jens, I'm sure plenty are reading your thread, but there's not much we can say, and there's nothing to "like".

Pete

I guess we've all been waiting to see if you got anything back from Squadron. Until then, as Pete says, there's not much we can say.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Jens, in 11 days or so, your thread has over 300 views. I don't think it's fair to suggest no one is reading it. Much less that perhaps most modellers don't care about quality.....

As members have written - Perhaps they are waiting to see what happens.

....and as Peter points out there is nothing to 'Like' about the situation you find yourself in.

Good luck in your quest to resolve the kit issue.

Ron

J

Jens Andrée

Thanks guys for responding!
It's just been so frustrating trying to get Squadron to respond, without any luck whatsoever, and it has killed all the fun I had with the hobby...
It'll come back but it's still annoying.

Sorry for sounding so negative before.

T

Tony

Jens

It is really annoying when things like this happen. In the "old" days we all accepted the quality of kits with the limitations of manfacturing but as you say with modern techniques the quality of products we get now are incredible and we have come to expect that, especially were the kit carries a significant price tag.

It is disappointing that Squadron have not even bothered to offer a replacement part which would be the least one would expect these days.

I recently purchased a bust of a knight through historex agents here in the uk. All fully sealed but the figure i had was resin and a significant part of the crown was broken and missing. I contacted Andrea maybe not holding out too much hope of getting it sorted and apart from asking for a picture of the broken part plus a a copy of the quality control docket they put in the kit they replaced what is the main part of the kit and very quickly all the way from spain to england.

I was very impressed.

Its a pity Squadron cannot follow a similar line because at the end of the day you just want the parts to make your kit.

Bit difficult replying because as mentioned i think many of us have been waiting to see the outcome but rest assured many of us feel your pain with this one - just not in a position to do very much to help you resolve it.